Job Location: Anchorage, AK
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of experience and/or education
- Area appropriate certification(s) and membership as applicable.
- 5 years of area appropriate clinical/technical experience and at least 3 years supervisory experience.
The Supervisor oversees daily operations of the service area(s) including all staff assigned to that area.
Knowledge and Skills
Must have clinical/technical competence for the designated area(s) and have a solid understanding of management and human resource principles. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills, and demonstrate professional maturity.
Basic Function and Responsibility
Supervisor will plan, facilitate, and manage the day to day activities of the designated area(s). Insure the delivery of excellent quality, customer focused care, continuous improvement and maximize the efficiency and development of the employees and organization.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
Supervision & Customer Service
- Comply with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Assist in strategic planning through contribution of best practice standards.
- Participate in the development and execution of short and long term service area goals and objectives.
- Provide supervision over the facilities, equipment, and supplies.
- Monitor staff and facility productivity, and counsel staff accordingly.
- Coordinate personnel payroll in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain staff schedules.
- Conduct regular service area meetings.
- Manage implementation of service area change based on the identified goals and objectives.
- Display a positive attitude toward change.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate organizational skills and the ability to set priorities.
- Manage service area personnel through appropriate recruitment and retention strategies and staff development.
- Remain current and competent in industry, service area scope, and technical/administrative skills necessary to meet the responsibilities of the position.
- Ensure adequate staffing resources to deliver excellent quality and customer focused services.
- Provide educational resources for staff.
- Manage customer relations through development of high performance teams.
- Participate in special teams and committees to gain knowledge and implement high standards.
- Establish a sense of direction and motivate staff to work together toward common goals.
- Empower the team to continuously seek ways to improve processes/practices and to improve as a team.
- Empower team members to speak freely and ask questions.
- Role model and ensure that Standards of Care, Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics, and Policies and Procedures are followed by employees.
- Comply with the regulatory agency rules and regulations to assure compliance with federal, state, and local requirements.
- Provide regular analysis and reports of service area performance initiatives.
- Develop and maintain service area policies and procedures and assure compliance.
- Monitor quality by auditing records to assure accurate and timely completion.
- Maintain confidentiality of protected information.
- Look for ways to improve effectiveness by implementing new ideas and more efficient approaches.
- Assist in the development and implementation of solutions to identified performance improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrate flexibility and the ability to handle and implement change with minimal disruption.
- Ensure that standards of care are met and procedures are followed.
- Ensure a customer service focus is maintained.
- Respond to customer requests in a timely manner.
- Ability to represent needs of all sites professionally, appropriately, and completely to internal and external customers.
- Ability to make effective sound decisions based on quantitative data and good business practices.
- Ability to effectively deal with behavioral issues in a timely manner and in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Ability to collaborate and keep all sites integrated in organizational structure through effective communications and supervisory practices.
- Work on projects as part of the team, exchange ideas, and contribute skills that complement those of the other team members.
- Build trust by openly communicating with other team members and following thru with commitment.
- Consider customers to be a priority and listen to their needs.
- Demonstrate accountability and reliability to handle a fair workload, meet deadlines and commitments, and accept responsibility for actions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate effective communication and management skills.
- Provide consistent and regular feedback to direct reports.
- Communicate with customers to ensure they are satisfied and their needs are met.
- Maintain communication with the customer to set realistic expectations.
- Ensure employees understand the performance standards.
Required Job Qualifications:
Do you strive to provide Rock Star Customer Service?
Do you have at least 5 years of area appropriate industry/technical experience and at least 3 years supervisory experience?
you have a bac
helors degree or equivalent combination of experience and/or education?
Beacon Occupational Health and Safety - 2 years ago