Posting Job Title: Supervisor, Business Class Tech Support
Requisition #: 144462BR
Posting Location: Columbus, OH, US
Area of Interest: Administrative/Clerical
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Supervise the activities of Technical Support Representatives. Responsible for employee development, performance management, disciplinary action and continued education of employees.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises, hires, trains, schedules, motivates, evaluates and disciplines Technical Support Agent.
- Knowledge and practice of supervisory skills, to include company policy and procedures.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Ability to motivate employees using coaching skills.
- Monitoring and Supervision of Technical Support to ensure that all department goals are met.
- Assure that quality customer relations are provided over the phone in a professional manner in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Maintain budgeted department headcount while supporting EEO/AA goals. Manage to labor costs while meeting organizational needs.
- Analyze productivity and provide management with recommendations to ensure quality.
- Oversee Department payroll for accuracy and approval.
- Work with management to maintain staff meetings.
- Must have flexible work hours and be available as required by business operations to accommodate customer service needs.
- Implements strategic plans within Technical Support.
- Provides recommendations for planning and improvement of efficient and effective operation of Technical Support team.
- Utilizes working knowledge of system operations.
- Ability to analyze current system operations and provide recommendations for improvement of performance based on divisional and system goals.
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, to both management and customer service personnel, regarding the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the system, including but not limited to problems encountered and goals achieved.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with other departments to implement plans and achieve goals.
- Attend trainings and meetings as necessary.
- Support all department and company goals and objectives.
- Assist leads and management with customer escalations and PUCO/FCC complaints.
- Respond to customer concerns, complaints or inquires through effective communication skills.
- Able to use knowledge of various aspects of HSD and Digital Phone process to coordinate and solve problems.
Reporting and documentation
- Implement and coordinate all training and new process documentation.
- Use computer to generate data and documents including weekly tracking reports relating to the digital phone process as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- More than 1 year Leadership experience required.
Communication Skill level:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Supervisory / Managerial Responsibilities:
- Plans, staffs, evaluates and directs work of employees of a work unit.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- A+, Net+, MCP Certifications Preferred but not required.
- Telecomunications: provisioning
- Troubleshooting and repair
- Data Networking or Data Security preferred.
Materials and Equipment used:
- PC, copier, fax machine, basic office equipment.
- Less than 5% travel required as necessary.
FCC Unit_TWC: 0534
Controlling Establishment ID: 00731 - Columbus Dublin Rd
Time Warner Cable - 23 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...