Provides leadership to the management of Bassett Healthcare's Central Power Plant and participates as a member of Bassett Healthcare's management Team in a manner that the organization is able to fulfill its mission on a day-to-day basis and over the term.
- An Associate's degree in Mechanical Technology, or equivalent training on high-pressure boiler system.
- A minimum of ten years experience in high-pressure steam power plant operation and maintenance.
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience.
- 1st Class Engineer's license (National Institute for the uniform Licenensing of Power Engineers)
- Chief Power Engineers license is desired
- New York State Department of Environmental and Conservation Pesticide applicator category 7G (cooling towers)
- Position requires strong mechanical aptitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work individually as as part of a team
- Position requires strong capability with computer (PC) operations related to data acquisition and control (SCADA), spreadsheets, word processing, and database record keeping.
- Exposure to thermal, mechanical, electrical, and chemical hazards is likely on a daily basis.
- Requires use of standard protective gear such as hard hat, gloves, eye protection, and other protective apparel.
- Frequent heavy lifting required.
- Boiler plant, workshop, and infrequently general hospital environment, occasional activities in other departments throughout the hospital's main campus and properties.
- Occasional outdoor work required.