The General ® Insurance is a growing company and a leading non-standard automobile insurance provider. Currently, we are seeking qualified applicants for Claims Supervisor . We offer an employee friendly and challenging environment where the right candidate will learn and grow with the company. We pride ourselves on teamwork
and quality customer service. If you do too, please check us out!
The General ® offers a generous benefits package
including medical, dental, vision and life insurance after one month of employment; health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts; tuition reimbursement, paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays), bonus plan participation, Employee Assistance Program, wellness initiatives, 401(k) participation with a matching contribution and much more!
Reporting to a Claims Manager, this position will be responsible for
providing day to day administrative and technical supervision of a staff of Claims Representatives whose primary tasks are the adjudication and settlement of property damage claims. Will oversee staff adjusters to ensure that file handling meets company standards and statutory guidelines. Will direct work assignments, manage work scheduled and review work-in-progress. Will be responsible for ensuring productivity, loss ratio, quality handling and budget goals are achieved by the team. Other essential job
responsibilities will include:
- Manage quality assurance and serve as a technical resource for subordinates and others in the organization.
- Review more complex cases and settle or initiate further action within approved authority limits.
- Resolve elevated calls from customers.
- Review files for accuracy and completion.
- Grant authority on claims reserves and payments.
- Review incoming file assignments and work load to ensure appropriate distribution among adjusters.
- Provide performance feedback and training to associates.
- Administer quarterly and annual performance evaluations.
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in a Business field or related experience.
- Five to seven years claims handling experience, including a minimum of one year supervisory experience.
- Must have the ability to collect, compile and organize facts, figures and/or other information in accordance with established company procedures.
- Must also have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels within the organization.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, including Word, Windows and Excel is also required.
- Position requires the ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction multiplication and division).
Permanent General Assurance Corp. - 17 months ago