Posting Job Title Supervisor, Construction Requisition # 143079BR Posting Location San Antonio, TX, US Area of Interest Construction
Position Type Full Time Posting Job Description
The purpose of this position is to supervise and monitor fiber construction related activities and personnel to assure work is completed timely, efficiently and to system specifications.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Supervise and direct all construction activities related to commercial & cell tower back haul.
2. Monitor and control activities by in-house and contractors.
3. Insure documentation accuracy. Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and Windows XP.
4. Supervise construction staff, including scheduling and review of work assignments and individual performance.
5. Prepare and maintain required reports on capital projects and construction progress.
6. Verify, approve and track all expenditures of the department.
7. Prepares cost project and control, PA, designs criterion and bill of material forms.
8. Administer and manage on call schedule, as well as perform on-call duties.
9. Supervise a program for quality control to include physical inspection and periodic review of the abilities of the technical employees
10. Ensure through a safety program that the department meets or exceeds all applicable safety regulations and that the accident rate is below industry average for construction department.
11. Assures timely completion of construction activities and adequate productivity of the technicians.
12. Some duties will involve climbing, working from various heights, lifting, working outdoors in inclimate weather, driving company vehicle, use of tools and equipment
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to communicate effectively for extensive communication with project management team and the operations group.
2. Ability to train and instruct personnel, organize and handle a variety of detailed tasks simultaneously, and provide good public relations with a diverse community.
3. Experience with SalesForce and DOCK (a plus)
4. Valid Texas drivers' license; satisfactory driving record.
5. Must be able to meet and maintain safe load limits for provided equipment, in accordance with TWC Weight Restriction Policy.
This position requires a high school diploma. Two years of college in electricity/electronics or equivalent. Four years CATV experience with at least two years in construction/maintenance.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/Recognized Equivalent or minimum five (5) years of directly related experience required.
Travel % 15
Supervisor: Plans, staffs, evaluates and directs work of employees of a work unit.
FCC Unit_TWC 5675 Controlling Establishment ID 00131 - San Antonio Blue Crest
Time Warner Cable - 2 years ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...