Posting Job Title: Supervisor, Contractor Remittance & Analytics
Requisition #: 144632BR
Posting Location: Morrisville, NC, US
Area of Interest: Finance/Accounting
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Supervisor for our Contractor Remittance Department.
Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position
Supervising the team that is responsible
to ensure timely and accurate work flow for the Contractor Billing process, and to develop complex analytical tools and analysis to ensure accurate billing and detailed reporting of Contractor activity, all in a manner consistent with Time Warner Cable policies, procedures, quality, standards, customer needs, and applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
Tracks invoices by Contractor and provides weekly status updates to management and our Operations teams.
- Responsible for supervising and training/developing personnel to effectively execute accurate and timely contractor payments for installations performed by third party contractors and/or identify and resolve issues timely affecting proper processing of related contractor billing/payments.
- Develops and manages detailed Contract Labor reporting such as a daily tracking of expenditures verses Outlook/Budget, points per task analyses by Contractor and area of management, and daily top ten high dollar work orders for additional field review.
- Develop exception reporting to reduce risk and errors for contractor payments.
- Interacts with Accounting and Finance to provide detailed reporting and forecasting of Contract Labor expenses to support month-end accruals, capitalization and contract labor forecasting.
- Develops financial models related to various contractor remittance activities and provides key executives financial analytic on activity and expenses.
- Drives and analyzes workflow passed to Contractor Remittance representatives including maintaining a "dashboard" of detailed work order level data to target potential coding discrepancies.
- Supports the invoicing process from invoice creation to validation of payment in PeopleSoft.
Develops strong policies and procedures around contractor remittance processing.
- Ensures workflow process is timely and accurate and adheres to all SOX and audit requirements and the controls around contractor remittance are working effectively.
- Supports ad-hoc reporting and variance analysis for work order activity trends, Contractor comparisons, and various spending by task and job analysis.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting,
Finance or related field required
3-5 years of experience in a Finance/Accounting role.
Two to four years of supervisory experience
Advanced PC skills particularly in the use of Excel is required.
Strong analytical skills and financial modeling
Ability to analyze transactions, develops detailed reporting, and drives innovative solutions to complex problems in situations where limited standardization exists.
Strong communication skills.
Must be able to communicate effectively and concisely to all levels of management, both internal and with external business partners.
Maintains poise under pressure with ability to adapt to changing priorities, develop alternative solutions, and work in a team environment.
Strong organization skills including the ability to proactively track the timely and accurate payment of multiple weekly invoices from creation to final payment.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast paced work environment.
- Action-oriented, energetic individual needing little direction or supervision. Possess a cooperative and positive attitude toward customers, employees and the Company.
Overtime will be required
Proficient in Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook, and the internet.
Experience with PeopleSoft; specific modules related to the GL and Accounts Payable
Knowledge in ICOMS / AS400 and or CSG a plus, including the ability to navigate and research within the system, as well as to gather information to resolve inquires.
Sequel knowledge a big plus
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or equivalent training, education and experience
Yes, Travel 10%
Plans, staffs, evaluate and direct work of employees of a work unit.
FCC Unit_TWC: 0593
Controlling Establishment ID: 00436 - Morrisville Paramount
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 18 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...