Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. As a whole, Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
The Gas Construction Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the installation, repair and maintenance of gas distribution and
transmission gas facilities.
All employees are responsible for performing their jobs in accordance with PG&E's vision and values.
- A minimum of 3 years of gas construction & maintenance experience.
- Previous supervisory experience as relief, permanent or rotational.
- General computer skills in Word and Excel along with daily routine experience of e-mail communications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IGIS.
- Working knowledge of the IBEW Contract.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the California Public Utility Commission General Orders 112E, 128 for Gas Construction & Electric UG Construction and Leak Repairs.
- Demonstrated ability to perform effectively under deadlines
- Actively supervise (10-15) Title 200 Gas personnel, observing and coaching employees in the
- May be assigned to oversee the installation, repair and maintenance of gas distribution and transmission gas facilities.
- Ensure that work is executed as planned, including managing daily
- Achieve a high quality of work and eliminate rework by continuously monitoring field employees' adherence to standards.
- Ensure compliance with standards and specifications which will result in improved quality of work. Put action plans in place to address deficiencies in process or employee skill/knowledge. Track the outcome of action plans.
- Communicate clear expectations to the work group and monitor results by utilizing performance management techniques. Communicate business goals and objectives to the work group.
- Monitor crew productivity to ensure effective utilization of resources.
- Identify and pursue productivity improvements to reduce costs; develop and implement work practices that support reduced operating costs.
- Achieve unit cost reductions while meeting corporate and regulatory compliance.
- Develop the business knowledge and technical skills of field employees. Foster teamwork with all other company work groups.
- Ensure that customers' needs and expectations are met and their perception of PG&E is increased; ensure effective customer communications.
- Actively observe and coach employees regarding safe work practices
- Fully implement and hold subordinates accountable for safety best practices and safety accountability model. Work closely with the Safety Program Coordinator to ensure full compliance with the Injury & Illness Prevention Program.
- Conduct training as required, facilitate weekly meetings.
- Conduct emergency on-call; work unusual hours in emergency situations.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- 2 years ago - save job
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...