This position is responsible for the management and direction of an ESC Production shift team. Ensuring production standards are met around such key areas as Customer Service, Quality, Safety, and GMP compliance. Coordinates daily production activities and resources to ensure operational metrics are achieved. Comprehends the regulatory environment and MJN policies for the shift team, and ensures production systems, documentation and processes are in compliance at all times. Responsibilities include overseeing the accurate and timely completion of production records.
Develops personal knowledge of equipment and manufacturing systems to provide a highly competent resource for the shift team. Provides technical expertise to resolve and/or troubleshoot production-related issues. Builds technical competencies within the production shift team by sharing knowledge, coaching, and providing for ongoing training. Ability to communicate issues, goals, and objectives effectively and manage competing requests in a complex, changing environment.
Ensures shift team implements and utilizes solutions and technologies in support of improved safety, quality, continuous improvement and optimization of manufacturing processes. Develops shift team and builds an effective operating culture by utilizing a performance management system that sets clear expectations, provides on-going coaching, and assesses employee performance.
Communicates and coordinates work activities with other shifts, as well as other areas within the broader operational organization. Utilization of HR software systems to manage employee transactions. Manages compliance with all HR policies, and administers employee relation matters in an effective and timely manner. Work hours will include those hours worked by the shift team.
Salary Band: 11
- Four year degree in a business or technical field preferred or minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment with some leadership experience
- Experience working within a FDA regulated environment preferred.
- Technical knowledge of manufacturing food products is preferred.
- Proven communication skills that will allow interaction at all levels of the manufacturing organization.
- Experience using continuous improvement and problem solving tools to drive significant business results in key metrics preferred.
- Experience working on cross functional teams within a broader organization preferred.
- Basic computer sills required (i.e. Windows, SAP, WINS, Microsoft Office)
- Able to rotate between different shifts and/or departments as required by business needs.
Education: BS Degree Preferred, High School or Equivalent Required
26-Mar-2014, 4:39:59 PM
Mead Johnson Nutrition - 12 months ago
Mead Johnson Nutrition helps babies grow up healthy. The company specializes in developing and manufacturing nutritional products for...