Supervise a team of analysts that perform variance analysis and prepare reporting for various lines of business, including health network capitation, risk pool, and monitoring of health network financial performance, as well as other ad hoc projects.
- Oversee the calculation of health network capitation.
- Review hospital risk-sharing reports for contracted physician groups.
- Maintain and develop the organization’s financial reporting packages.
- Monitoring of health network financial performance to contract.
- Coordination of tax preparation.
- Assist with ad hoc analysis.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Work independently with strong initiative.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, at all organizational levels.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and health network partners.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Work cooperatively and effectively on group projects.
- Supervise Financial Analysts.
- Cross-train and back up other areas of the Finance department.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a related field is required. Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a managed care health plan, IPA, or hospital setting.
- 2-3 years supervisory experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a dynamic environment with both short-term and long-term deadlines.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access, Reporting software; SQL and FRx a plus.
- Principles and practices of managed health care industry and strategies, health care systems, capitated risk contracting, provider network structures required. Risk-sharing arrangements a plus.
- Working knowledge of IBNR calculation.
- Techniques and methods in preparing health system reporting tools, including performance measures. Ability to analyze financial statements a plus.
- Medi-Cal/Medicaid benefits, policies and rates preferred.
CalOptima - 10 months ago