POSITION SUMMARY :
This position is responsible for the supervision and coordination of the activities of the food and nutrition operations which will include patient, visitor and employee meals.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Supervise employees to enhance productivity including department orientation, training, performance appraisals, routine disciplinary actions and current job flows.
- Maintain/upgrade all operations to meet quality standards through compliance to schedules and department policies and procedures
- Direct patient trayline to insure foods meet criteria of menu restrictions, menu selections, temperatures, portion control and standardized recipes followed.
- Open/close the department according to procedure to insure security and readiness for the next shift.
- Communicate pertinent information to staff in regular scheduled meetings.
- Maintain cash register records for financial statements by reconciling cash accurately and performing all close out procedures.
- Assist with personnel functions including interviewing and counseling.
- Insure continual compliance with TJC, OSHA and Health Department standards and provide immediate solutions to deviations.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills to maintain efficient operations.
- Provide leadership of cost-conscious practices in daily operations by controlling use of food, chemicals and human resources.
- Maintain and encourage personal hygiene according to department dress code.
- Assure a clean work environment by continuous and routine inspections and assigning clean up schedules.
- Participates in Daily Safety Huddles.
- Participates in Daily Meal Rounding on Patient Floors.
- Performs daily taste tests and weekly test trays.
- Perform other duties as assigned to maintain an even workload throughout the department. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS :
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- High School or GED,
- Four years progressive responsible experience in food service
- Dietary Manager experience preferred
- Food Safety Certification required within 30 days of service
Seton Healthcare Family - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard