The purpose of this position is to supervise a team of GIS Specialists, Technicians, Contractors and clerks tasked with the provision of geographic information system (GIS) services, land and related records data and other geospatial and data maintenance services for AGL Resources. The assets in scope comprise of over 80K miles of main and the land records associated with them, serving over 4.3 million customers in 10 states, and utilizing GIS and other asset management systems. This role provides strategic and technical direction with respect to GIS system maintenance, design, and integration. The incumbent coordinates system changes and provides technical coordination between Engineering, Operations, and other stakeholders. This role assists the manager in overseeing the company and contractor staff performing routine GIS data maintenance activities.
• Provides technical support, direction, and supervisory oversight to the Geographical Information System
• Oversees GIS staff and contractors, develops performance goals, systems for calculating metrics and delivers performance feedback and reviews
• Provides subject matter expertise on AGLR geospatial issues (GIS and other technology strategy, process improvements, etc.)
• Participates in GIS/IT, Asset Data and Land Records projects by assisting in defining the project requirements, defining the solution, and providing subject matter expertise for the desired solution.
• Works with manager to manage contracts with staffing service providers and relationships with software vendors, negotiate maintenance contracts, and plan software release updates
• Educates key stakeholders on solutions to operational issues that can be supported by utilizing information from GIS and Asset Data
• Follows organizational and departmental policies and procedures and ensures team is in compliance.
• Builds and maintains cohesive working relationships with internal and external consumers of GIS and Asset Data to ensure constant alignment of goals
• Creates and fosters an environment that produces High Performing employees and establishes detailed professional and career development strategies for the team
• Delivers on data conversion, data integration and data integrity projects to achieve desired results within budget and schedule
• Establishes and monitors performance goals and objectives for team
• Participates in staff selection, development and retention
• Performs other GIS/Administrative tasks not specifically outline here.