Posting Job Title: Supervisor, Hub Fiber Audit
Requisition #: 143072BR
Posting Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable currently seeks a Field Supervisor of Hub and Fiber Audit for our Design & Planning Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions
This position is for a Supervisor of Fiber Documentation and Engineering with a passion for Fiber Plant Design and Fiber Design standards pertaining to splice documentation for both OSP and Inside Plant Terminations.
As the Supervisor of Fiber Design Engineering, you will lead a team of professional engineers responsible for establishing company-wide Fiber standards in areas such as OSP - Fiber design, monitoring, splicing documentation, distortion calculations, policy development, process documentation and overall departmental OPEX and Capital reporting.
Coordinate the development and implementation of policies, procedures, practices and performance measurements that promote an environment of goals and measures effectiveness.
Identify, design, and/or research new technologies to create system efficiencies, process improvements, preventative maintenance, and/or cost-saving measures.
Serve as the liaison to various external organizations regarding Outside Plant Design.
Provide oversight and direction for regional improvements required to maximize availability of TWC's products and services as it relates to Outside Plant and Design.
Oversee the day to day business activity ensuring that design allocations and commitments are maintained and track.
Perform other duties or responsibilities as required or assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Extensive knowledge of OSP Design specifically to Fiber Architecture and Design Requirements in relationship to both Fiber and PON.
- Must have the ability to facilitate and lead teams/groups in adaptation of new and improved OSP engineering practices.
- Must have excellent analytical reporting and analyst skills.
- Proven development of practices, procedures and/or curriculum and training of groups in applying new and emerging design standards with analytical reporting.
- Project management experience with strong analytical and written/oral reporting skills.
- Minimum 4 years OSP Design experience in a production environment.
Education and Experience:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or three months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Supervisor: Plans, staffs, evaluates and directs work of employees of a work unit.
FCC Unit_TWC: 5675
Controlling Establishment ID: 00131 - San Antonio Blue Crest
Time Warner Cable - 20 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...