• Supervisor Locomotive Engineer ensures compliance with the best practices (ie rules, regulations, instructions and policies) for train handling on their territory.
• Provides subject matter expertise to all levels of management in the region and to the operating crews, in order to improve train handling techniques, fuel budget, etc.
• Provides training and support to Locomotive Engineers, ensuring they are all trained and possess appropriate skills.
• Participate in developing and certifying new initiatives, and subsequent presentation to various levels of management.
• Responsible to implement initiatives in the region to improve safety and control cost.
• Insure training for new Locomotive Engineers, as well as continuing training for veteran Locomotive Engineers.
• Download and analysis data to establish cause and responsibility for accidents/near misses, and determine if there were rule violations in conjunction to investigations.
• Required to work on varying shifts to cover operations that run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year.
• Work shifts (day, evening or night) on weekdays, weekends and holidays as required.
• Will be on call based on territory requirements.
• Significant travel requirements based on territory needs (up to 50% of the time).
• High school diploma or GED.
• Valid driver’s license.
• 3 years experience as locomotive engineer.
• Current Locomotive Engineers Certificate
• USOR rules qualified.
• Comprehensive knowledge of ABTH, US CFR and QSOC, GOI-Safety levels, & best practices of Locomotive Engineering.
• Associates Degree; Engineering or Mechanical discipline preferred.
• 5 years experience in railroad industry.
• 5 years as locomotive engineer.
• Prior Supervisory experience.
Canadian National Railway
- 17 months ago - save job