Supervise daily line station operations in the process of providing inspect and repair services on aircraft. Responsible for dispatching all overnight aircraft with guaranteed 100 percent seat functionality at departure. Since seat guarantees are an integral part of Panasonic Avionics Maintenance Services, the staffing and scheduling of site personnel and their functions are paramount to the success of the company.
o External contacts include routine daily customer contacts at the Line Maintenance levels, local airport authorities including U.S. Customs, Air Freight forwarders and brokers for local logistics.
- Schedule site personnel to weekly shift patterns pursuant to the customer’s flight schedule.
- Direct Inventory Control and local logistics of customer and Panasonic Avionics owned capital assets.
- Schedule preventive maintenance activities of systems installed on customer aircraft during over night holds; Office management of local site specific responsibilities which includes local port Authority personnel identification administration, U.S. Customs clearance and security seals, overtime, vehicle maintenance, office administration and cleanliness.
o Internal contacts include MMS Bothell Personnel MMS Administration Staff, H.R. and other Panasonic Avionics departments as required to execute the MMS agreements specific to the site.
- May also perform onboard maintenance activities and fill-in for absent employees.
- Hire, train, supervise, and appraise direct reports.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook (MS products).
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems as they occur on the local level, not allowing the issue to progress further.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Background in Aircraft Line Maintenance with the necessary FAA/CAA certifications required to support the contractual requirements of the customer(s) including but not limited to: FAA Airframe, Airframe & Power plant.
- 3-5 years lead/crew chief/ supervisory experience.
- Travel up to 20% of the time to both domestic and international locations.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment may be required.
- Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds may be required.
- Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods may be required.
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels may be required.