Theres a reason Insperity Ranks in the Top 3% of U.S. Best Workplaces on WorkplaceDynamics list.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to Americas best businesses for more than 25 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees personal and professional success are the reasons weve been regarded as one of the Best Places to Work for 10 years running.
This position is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the MidMarket benefits representative team ensuring established processes and procedures are followed by this team. Uses extensive knowledge of benefit plans and benefit trends to educate MidMarket clients and assist with benefit administration solutions. Decision-making is guided by policy, procedure, and objective, with company-wide impact.
Under general supervision and moderate decision-making:
- Oversees the daily operations of the benefits representative team positioning them with an educational and consultative approach to problem solving.
- Provides expertise to accurately respond to benefit related issues and needs in a timely manner.
- Participates in prospect meetings with MidMarket Sales to ascertain the clients current benefit strategy and provide an overview of benefit program offerings.
- Supports the new client transition process by providing oversight of benefit escalations, change management and communication planning.
- Partners with internal teams and departments to continually enhance the client experience as it relates to benefit administration, renewal, open enrollment and general employee support.
- Assists clients and worksite employees in understanding Insperitys Benefit Plan offerings.
- Ensures the established processes and procedures are adhered to and remain in compliance with the organization.
- Provides guidance and assistance to team members on escalated matters, providing feedback on appropriate resolutions.
- Assists manager with the implementation of new benefit plans, changes to existing plans, and development of new initiatives and projects.
- Serves as a leader on regional and/or companywide projects and ensures effective completion of objectives.
- Ensures that team members are properly trained and educated on job procedures.
- Conducts performance reviews and makes hiring decisions for supervised employees.
- Ensures smooth resolution of plan issues.
Supervises others: Yes
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- High School Diploma is required and a Bachelors Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Five years related work experience is required. Knowledge of health & welfare plans, benefits programs, and medical terminology is required.
- Supervisory experience is required .
- A high attention to detail is required with strong organizational skills.
- Strong customer service skills are critical and required.
- Must be able to make decisions under pressure.
- Prepare clear, concise, and thorough communication and departmental reports in a timely manner.
- Uses appropriate methods and techniques of dealing with human situations in a variety of business circumstances.
- Demonstrates strong project management skills.
- A proven track record in creating scalable and repeatable solutions to problems.
- Proven ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrates strong critical-reasoning skills.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, orally and in writing; maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
If yes, up to 40% of time
What percent of time is this position required to drive a vehicle (other than Company issued) for business purposes? Up to 40%
Offering unrivaled benefits starting day one!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Generous paid time off (19 days!) for personal, vacation and sick days
- 8 Paid holidays
- Four hours/month paid volunteer time off
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 401(k) plan
- And much more!