Posting Job Title: Supervisor, NOC
Requisition #: 146982BR
Posting Location: Herndon, VA, US
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Supervisor, NOC for our Network Operations Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise day-to-day Global Network Operation Center (GNOC) activities.
- Oversee day-to-day performance of GNOC Operators/Analysts to ensure that team, department, and company standards/goals/expectations are consistently met.
- Responsible for ensuring that individual/team/department workloads are properly distributed among Operators and Analysts. (This includes - but is not limited to - Netcool alarms, Remedy tickets, e-mails, instant messages, phone calls, etc- )
- Monitor departmental workflow to ensure all issues and events are identified/prioritized/worked in a timely manner and within departmental/organizational guidelines, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Efficiently and accurately perform all duties of the GNOC Operator position to assist in workflow coverage at any time.
- Ensure GNOC Operators/Analysts are effectively supported through day-to-day interaction, regular training, team meetings, on-call assistance, and individual coaching/mentoring.
- Provide technical and operational support across all lines GNOC-supported business models.
- Monitor and coach staff to utilize the trouble ticketing system (Remedy) to properly and accurately document events/tickets.
- Escalate outage events and/or impairments to appropriate individuals, teams, and organizations in a timely manner to ensure efficient resolution and to minimize customer impact. This includes escalation of outage events and/or impairments to appropriate individuals, teams, and departments when not resolved within appropriate timeframes. This also includes ensuring that accurate notifications are sent to appropriate parties at appropriate intervals.
- Oversee interactions with customers (both internal and external), other teams/departments and other GNOC employees to ensure all communication is professional and timely.
- Initiate and host conference bridges in accordance with established policies, procedures, and guidelines. For critical issues, set up conference calls with all appropriate department representatives; lead issues through to resolution; document all relevant activities via the Remedy ticketing system. This also includes ensuring that accurate notifications regarding such events (when applicable) are sent to appropriate parties at appropriate intervals.
- Implement proper crisis management procedures if/when necessary.
- Isolate problems by correlating information from network surveillance equipment/applications, diagnostic tools, and reported information/data to accurately direct fix organizations and personnel to the most likely source of problem. Correlate, isolate, and identify network impairments using pre-defined criteria across geographical areas.
- Effectively communicate essential information at shift change to incoming supervisor and/or GNOC Operators/Analysts.
- Ensure compliance with GNOC operational objectives, policies/procedures, work schedules, and reporting metrics.
- Ensure departmental policies/procedures and documentation accurately reflects the current practices of the GNOC, and suggests changes/modifications when appropriate.
- Generate 'customer reports' and produce 'major incident reports' for outages when required and/or necessary.
- Responsible for ticket quality and accuracy
- Assist the GNOC Managers in the interviewing, hiring, and training process for GNOC Analyst and/or Operator positions.
- Proven training skills in employee development for individuals and teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with emphasis on verbal/written communication including the ability to present performance feedback effectively and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and complete work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to document procedures and collaborate on the creation of policy development.
- Must have previous experience managing/supervising individuals and teams.
- Two years supervisory experience with direct customer contact in a technical environment - preferably including Network Operations Center background with trouble ticketing experience.
- Network experience in a centralized repair/troubleshooting/testing environment that included answering telephones, logging events in a ticketing system, and providing technical support and repair coordination.
- Knowledge of telecommunications field including (but not limited to) internet, telephony, VOD, and HFC cable systems.
- Must have working knowledge of databases and software applications; telecommunications telemetry; surveillance systems; layer 2 and 3 switches/routers; fiber-optic long haul transmission systems; OC-XX and SONET; UNIX
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple issues, projects, and/or duties simultaneously - including resources, priorities, and timelines.
- Must be willing to work in an entrepreneurial environment requiring broad experience, adaptability, quick learning and excellent problem solving skills
- Experience with ticketing systems (Remedy preferred)
- Experience with network monitoring systems (Netcool, Big Brother, HP Openview or Spectrum preferred)
- The GNOC is a 24/7/365 operation. Employees must be willing and able to work rotating and/or non-standard work shifts, including evenings, overnight, holidays, weekends, and on-call.
- This is an on call position and candidate must be available via cell phone or pager 24x7 while on call
4-6 years or Vocational/Associates degree, Bachelors degree in related field - preferred, or equivalent work experience Certification in areas of expertise such as CCNA, Juniper, Voice, Optical and other fields is preferred.0-2 years direct (people) management experience preferred. Experience in leading cross functional teams and projects are required.
Education and Experience:
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or three months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Supervisor: Plans, staffs, evaluates and directs work of employees of a work unit.
Travel 15 %
Time Warner Cable offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a pension plan. Qualified candidates should apply online at www.timewarnercable.com.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00236 - Herndon 13820 Sunrise Valley
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 8 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...