Posting Closing Date: May 22, 2013
Major responsibilities: The primary business of First Coast Service Options (a subsidiary of BCBSF) is administering programs that serve Medicare beneficiaries in the J9 MAC Contract states. We focus on customer service, continuous improvement and compliance. Our employees are committed to living by the values: the right things, the right way.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Provide leadership and direction to a team through coaching, feedback, performance measurement, job clarification, communication, MBOs, training and development, while ensuring employee’s possess the key knowledge, skills and abilities to perform effectively
• Meet customer expectations (CMS, contractors and providers) while maintaining a motivated, contributing team by providing clear and concise directions, innovative solutions, planning, forecasting, trending, tracking monitoring, evaluating and reporting.
• Interpret, evaluate and understand information obtained in various settings in order to provide consistent and accurate communications to internal and external customers (CMS, providers, consultants, leaders, peers, employees, colleagues, and others) for the purpose of making informed decisions and establishing action plans to meet business needs.
• Support development initiatives through effective management, staffing, monitoring/evaluation and timely accurate implementation of change.
• Ensure compliance with regulatory, legislative (State and Federal) and corporate requirements.
Other duties as assigned by management
Competencies, skills, education level, years of experience, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• 3+ years related work experience
• 2+ years supervisory or leadership experience
• Intermediate to advanced MS Word and Excel skills
• Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
• Strong computer skills
• Strong interpersonal skills including effective relationship management and ability to work in a team environment
• Effective analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills
• Effective organization, planning and coordination skills
• Conflict resolution
• Negotiation skills - ability to persuade
• Demonstrated management abilities - planning, organizing resources, delegating
• Leadership skills to include prior experience in performance management
• Results oriented with experience in leading projects and/or workgroups.
• Facilitation skills
• Intermediate keyboard skills
Business Preferred Criteria:
These details differentiate this position from other similar positions in the company.
• Knowledge of HR Policies and Procedures
• Knowledge of the Performance Management Process
• Understanding a budget and planning process
• Knowledge of health care industry and/or managed care
• Product, contract, group, benefit knowledge and experience
• Knowledge of MCS and FISS
• Experience Supervising in a Production Environment
First Coast Service Options, Inc. - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida (BCBSF) is the state's largest and oldest health insurance provider. The company provides a wide...