This role is responsible for the daily supervision and organization of 5-15 assigned Overhead Lines staff in order to effectively, efficiently and safely accomplish job tasks in line with departmental and National Grid requirements.
At the higher levels this role will translate functional policy by designing procedures that drive greater efficiencies and performance within their own team and for National Grid.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Supervise a culturally diverse workforce through coaching, counseling and team building to ensure tasks are carried out in an efficient manner.
- Manage HR aspects of team including matters related to sickness, discipline and poor standards of work in order to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Contribute to the protection of the public and organizational personnel by ensuring all materials, standards and procedures are in line with National Grid safety policies and processes.
- Act as the first point of contact for multiple internal stakeholders and outside agencies in order to provide support and ensure National Grid deliver against service level agreements.
- Collate information in order to ensure operational activity is in line with external regulations and ensure more senior team members have accurate and up to date information as required.
- Execute instructions and requests, plan and organize resources and make appropriate arrangements to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and in line with relevant policies and processes.
- Monitor and assess team working practices to ensure they are compliant with regulations relating to their area.
IF YOU MEET THESE QUALIFICATIONS AND ARE INTERESTED IN WORKING IN A WORLD-CLASS UTILITY, PLEASE FORWARD YOUR RESUME NOW. WE WILL BEGIN INTERVIEWING SOON.
- Requires a general educational background with specialized training in basic electricity and electric theory, national application standards and job-related experience –OR-
- Knowledge equivalent to that acquired through completion of a two year technical school plus additional specialized training with 5 years qualifying experience.
- Technically proficient within subject matter with experience of leading a team involved in transactional operational services.
- Must have a good working knowledge of tools and systems within designated area.
- Ability to work off-hours and on-call rotations sometimes requiring travel outside the division for emergency assignments.
- Must qualify for Authorized Persons List to coordinate & initiate switching activities within the team.
- Ability to accurately interpret maps, specification sheets, prints, schematics, diagrams and instructional information to construct, maintain and troubleshoot effectively.
- Possess valid driver's license with safe driving record.
- Must qualify for National Grid's Clearance and Control List.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of all rules related to underground or overhead line construction including OSHA 1910.269.
Monster - 13 months ago
It's not gridlock but a lock on the Grid that is a good thing for National Grid. It is the sole owner and operator of the electricity...