JOB SUMMARY: Supervision (3-shifts), scheduling, and activities of the Engine Validation technicians and dyno stands. Audit manufacturing of current products and processes and product quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
o Write Incident Reports on any failures of components
- Follow standard # ENG-PRO-005-06 to qualify engines for production in accordance with PDP
- Work with project leaders to schedule testing dates, ensure production engines are tested timely
- Plan specific tests, provide or coordinate technical direction to develop solutions for specific problems.
- Review test plan with quality engineer and project leader to ensure achievability and consistency.
- Assist test engineer to develop and document new testing procedures as required.
- Attend product development meetings to stay abreast of development actions for testing.
- Communicate issues and problems to project leaders and management.
- Participate in production readiness meetings to support resolution of production and warranty issues.
- Update testing progress in Live Information Center and distribute to PT team.
- Lead Dyno Improvement Team and drive continuous improvement in facilities, equipment and processes. Work with techs and engineers to failsafe dynos and testing.
- Review logs in Corporate Database system and approve.
o Attend IR closure meetings and review IR’s and close them after countermeasures have been made.
- Schedule & maintain vehicle cold soak chamber.
- Conduct and perform performance evaluations and initiate disciplinary action.
- Encourage staff to be innovative in areas of product improvement, efficiency, cost improvement on product or time savings, problem solving and safety.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices ensuring all OSHA requirements are met.
- Provide safe working environment, maintain compliance with company policies. Ensure staff is maintaining a professional and responsible role.
- Review work processes and update as needed to ensure staff are working consistently.
- Assists management in developing departmental budgets, long range planning goals and budgets. Operate within approved budgets.
- Ensure staff is trained on new technologies to assist them in their duties.
- Plan events for staff to celebrate successes.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Work with dealers as required. Visit dealers with warranty issues and help resolve field problems.
- Attend Dealer Shows annually.
- Support field visits as required to fix field issues or rework.
- BS Engineering or Engineering Technology Degree with a minimum of four years of related experience .
- Effective interpersonal, solid analytical, and proficient verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage own workload, manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter with drive for results and attention to detail
Polaris Industries - 19 months ago
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...