Responsible for all aspects of social services. Supervises social worker staff. The Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day staff activities. Will interact, coordinate, and facilitate activities with all disciplines and departments.
1. Perform timely probationary and annual performance appraisals of staff, with coaching and appropriate ongoing communications between staff and Human Resource, as required.
2. Supervises, coordinates and ensures smooth operations in an ADHC or PACE setting.
3. Responsible for all aspects of social services.
4. Responsible for maintaining patient flow with initial and re-assessments.
5. Maintains acceptable standards of social services, based on regulatory requirements as well as JCAHO and AltaMed standards.
6. Assist with interviewing and hiring of social services staff.
7. Responsible for competency training and in-services, including but not limited to Adult Protective services, psychotherapeutic interventions, crisis interventions.
8. Active participation in developing and implementing protocols and systems for quality, cost-effective and efficient rendering of social services.
9. Assists with preparing for various state, federal and funding source audits.
10. Responsible for ensuring the quality of social services and corresponded documentation.
11. Functions as Patient Advocate, ensuring that patient concerns are resolved or addressed expeditiously.
12. Acts as liaison between departments, in addition with outside agencies.
13. Develop the social service component in the plan of care for participants.
14. Provide health education and counseling to the participants and family when indicated by the plan of care.
15. Participates as an active member of the multi-disciplinary team to assess the psychosocial need of the participant. 16. Provide consultation and input to social work department in care planning process.
17. Perform psycho-social assessments. Contact family and other past mental health providers as needed for histories. Obtain data related to financial situation and social supports which are needed for initial enrollment.
18. Provide information and referral to participants and family. Act as liaison for them in dealing with public, private and social service agencies.
19. Consult with multi-disciplinary team and develop discharge plans. Note changes in these plans following staff conferences in chart. Visit and collect information on discharge planning resources.
20. Provide staff support for Utilization Review Committee.
21. Assist in the development of in-service and training for staff, and manage general center duties as assigned.
1. Master degree in Social Work. Or BSW with 2 years experience.
2. Experience in the supervision and management of staff in a Healthcare environment.
3. Experience in working with Case Management of the elderly, specifically creating care plans
4. Experience and knowledge regarding the physical, mental and social needs of the elderly.
5. Experience working in a Multi-disciplinary team environment.
6. Must maintain current CPR/First Aid Training. (If not current when hired, must obtain current CPR/First Aid within first six months of employment.)
We promote a comprehensive continuum of care, assisting individuals and their families from birth through the senior years, regardless of...