Supervises activities within a function of the Trucking Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Ensures the trucking division’s motor fleet operates in a safe and economical manner
- Ensures that all bills and invoices are on time and coded for payment correctly
- Schedules service and repair dates
- Recommends and administers policies and procedures covering the operation, maintenance, servicing, storage, procurement and disposal of vehicles and equipment
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their manager, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of three years related experience with one year leadership/supervisory experience is required.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience at the management level (management’s discretion) is required.
Special training and/or certifications in DOT, OSHA, other safety procedures and various trucking operation procedures is essential, ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, analytical and problem solving skill, detail oriented, basic reading and writing skills, ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication.
Supervises a small group of mechanical and professional employees.
Office and truck shop floor based with travel required up to 5% of the time by land or air. Warehouse/plant environment, out-of-doors including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, and rotating equipment. Required to working in all temperature including outdoors. Subject to varying road and weather conditions.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, perceiving color differences, making precise hand & finger movements, reaching or grasping, climbing up to 20ft, lifting and/or carrying up to 50 lbs, pushing and/or pulling up to 50 lbs, a bility to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential, and v alid State driver’s license and proof of insurance required . Job conditions may require wearing personal protective equipment, wearing a respirator while working in hazardous conditions (beards not permitted), and strenuous physical activity.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
Please visit us at http://www.hollyfrontier.com/employment-opportunities/ to view and apply for current opportunities with HollyFrontier Corporation. Application must be submitted by 4:00 pm on Friday August 9, 2013.
HollyFrontier Corporation is an EEO / Affirmative Action Employer
HollyFrontier Corporation - 11 months ago