The Boiler House Supervisor will supervise and manage the maintenance and operation of the refinery's power plant including boilers, turbo-generators, air compressors, centrifugal
pumps, Lime Slurry Plant and the Drinking Water Treatment Plant. Responsibilities include the direct supervision of the Utilities Operator responsible for the above mentioned areas.
- Supervise and manage the maintenance and operation of the refinery's power plant including boilers, turbo-generators, air compressor, centrifugal pumps, Lime Slurry Plant and the Drinking Water Treatment Plant.
- Responsibilities include the direct supervision of the Utilities Operator responsible for the above mentioned areas.
- Responsibilities include supervision for the installation, repair and preventive maintenance of all mechanical equipment in the above mentioned areas.
- Responsibilities span all phases of maintenance, including repairs, troubleshooting, upgrades, improvements, preventive maintenance and maintenance planning.
- Responsibilities also include implementing and maintaining the preventive maintenance program for the Utility equipment.
- Responsibilities include making sure quality preventive maintenance is performed and any problems found are repaired.
- Responsible for scheduling, direction, deployment and safety of the Utilities Operator. Responsible to maintain and improve the efficiency and reliability of the Power House equipment and ensure compliance with all safety requirements and standard procedures
for Boiler and Steam Turbine operation and Drinking Water Plant.
- Ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, overtime and holidays as needed.
- Knowledge of powerhouse instrumentation and controls.
- Quantifiable leadership skills.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and previous mechanical experience.
- Working knowledge with the following equipment: boilers, turbo generators, economizers, air compressors, FD fans, process equipment; evaporators, condensers, heat exchangers, piping, pumps, motors, transformers and switchgear experience and some knowledge
of utility equipment such as; boilers, steam turbines, generators, air compressors or centrifugal pumps.
- Proficient with Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
SAP experience a plus.
Minimum 5 years of experience in the operation and/or maintenance of utilities equipment such as; boilers, steam turbines, generators or compressors.
Experience in supervising union personnel.
Required Education High School Diploma or GED