Under the direction of the Process Department Manager, the Process Supervisor assures the efficient and economical refining of raw sugar and the production of white, soft, confectioners and liquid sugars, according to established
standards. Will supervise a work force of 20-30 union hourly employees, directing all activities of the entire refining process of cane sugar, the receipt of liquid materials, ensuring quality standards are met; the efficient use of energy (fuel and steam),
water, air and electric power. Promotes the safe operation of all processing equipment and actively participates in the facility safety program.
- Achieving results through subordinates in a unionized environment.
- Meeting or exceeding standard production rates while maintaining compliance with safety, regulatory and quality standards.
- Leading assigned teams in the continuous improvement process.
- Conducting regular shift meetings regarding safety, production, quality and other important information.
- Conducting training, monitoring and evaluating employee performance and implementing recommendations to improve employee performance.
- Conducting safety audits and ensuring that all safety requirements are met.
- Communicating with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Inspecting products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Providing guidance to workers in adjusting, repairing, and maintaining machines and equipment which fail to meet standards.
- Establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Developing, recommending, and implementing measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Ensures all required production, quality, and safety documentation is completed and delivered in accordance with department and company requirements.
- Ability to train others.
- Quantifiable leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing (preferably food processing) or a refining environment supervising employees (prefer union environment).
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices is required.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 4-year Degree in Industrial/Electrical/Sciences/Technical area from an accredited college/university preferred.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays and rotating shifts.
American Sugar Refining Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard