Job Summary: Oversees all internal warehouse functions as it pertains to dock activity including picking, receiving and shipping.
• Verifies all dock activity; including the shipping and receiving of raw ingredients and sales orders.
• Assures all inventory is maintained within agreed upon guidelines, and is real time verifiable within the system.
• Oversees dock personnel; all practices and procedures. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Responsible for the establishment, implementation and follow through of the development program of all direct reports.
• Performs monthly safety audits.
• Coordinates incoming and outgoing trucking details.
• Create and utilize departmental Performance Reports (KPI’s). Communicates and holds staff accountable for applicable results.
Associate’s degree (A.A.) from two-year college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Individual must be proactive, detail-oriented and self-directed and able to juggle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment. Excellent oral and written communication skills and mathematical skills are a must. Must have previous supervisory experience.
Candidates should have knowledge of Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.