Supervisor Food Service (Sisters of Charity Hospital): Promote, monitor and maintain a positive service culture. Coordinates, directs, supervise department activities to include food preparation, production, assembly, service and distribution for patients/residents, associates, visitors and others (including guests or catered events). Ensure adherence to standardized recipes, menus and safe handling practices. Organize cleaning and sanitizing of work areas, equipment, and small wares. Provides input to Director, Clinical Manager and Production Manager regarding departmental operations. Assist in obtaining operational goals, including but not limited to; food and menu costing, menu planning, staff training and evaluation, purchasing and budgeting. |
Demonstrates knowledge of and complies with established hospital and department policies, procedures and objectives, standards for hygiene and personal appearance; CHS Mission; performance improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
REPORTS TO: · Sisters of Charity – Main Street - Director of Food and Nutrition Services · Sisters of Charity – St. Joseph Campus – Food Service Manager
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: All staff level members of the Food and Nutrition Service department.
SKILL AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM):
- High School graduate
- A.A.S. degree in Food and Management or equivalent education and skill/knowledge required
- HACCP/Serf – Safe certification preferred.
- One-year Healthcare Supervisory Food Service experience preferred
- Experience in food service preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITY:
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates computer and math skills
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse work group
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and job responsibility
- Able to meet specific time frames and demonstrates problem-solving skills.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (TECHNICAL/PHYSICAL):
Considerable physical effort (lifts/ carry 25 pounds or greater). Prolong, extensive and considerable standing/walking. Lifts supplies/equipment. Pushes/pulls or moves/lifts equipment/supplies. Manual dexterity and mobility required. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending. Kneeling and crouching.
Exposed to hazards from electrical/mechanical equipment. Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents. Chemicals. Subject to flammable, explosive gases cuts and burns. Subject to varying and unpredictable situations. Exposed to hazards of steam and heat and varying degrees of kitchen elements. Standing and walking most of the day.
CareerBuilder - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard