Supervisor Information Services Decision Support
The Decision Support Supervisor has primary responsibility for managing the daily activities of an assigned work group. Typical tasks will include, but are not limited to: supporting Vidant Health¿s mission, vision and objectives as the first line of management, conducting employee evaluations,developing work schedules, assigning work tasks and project ownership,providing employee guidance,communicating with business partners to determine data/information needs and best methods for delivery, and contributions to product life-cycle management.
Maintaining knowledge of and sharing healthcare industry best practices in areas impacting Decision Support and Information Systems services.
- Providing supervision and direction for a team of report writers and code developers to manage assigned projects and tasks related to requested data extraction from multiple source environments, including, but not limited to SQL, SAP and Oracle
- Assuring adherence to organizational adoption of industry standards and best practices Related to code development and data management
- Fulfilling the Project Manager role as assigned for Decision Support projects
- Assuring adherence to Project Management guidelines and the use of appropriate project management tools by the Decision Support Team
- Participation on project teams to provide insights and skills required to produce successful outcomes
- Documentation of processes and operating procedures to standardize and maintain Decision Support operations and services
- Assisting the Decision Support Manager in strategic planning and budget tracking
- Participation in new employee hiring functions
Associate College Degree: (major) Information Technology, Business, Nursing, Engineering, Management Information Systems or related; 4 year degree preferred.
Additional years of applicable experience, beyond the minimum requirement of five years may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis. Additional years of applicable formal education beyond the minimum requirement of two years may be substituted for the required years of experience on a year for year basis.
5 years or more experience. Experience should be in progressively more responsible positions. Experience supervising and/or overseeing IT personnel is preferred.
1 full - time vacancy.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
Vidant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA Applications for Vidant Health and its subsidiary corporate entities are accepted and employees are chosen for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.
Vidant Medical Center - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard