Requisition Number 590BR Job Title Supervisor Logistics Location Winnebago Service Center Business Unit Supply Chain No. of Positions 1 Job Duties The Logistics Supervisor provides leadership and strategic direction to ensure the cost effective integration of materials, resources, transportation and inventory management services in support of the Customer Operations and Power Generation Business Units. The supervisor leverages both internal and external resources (personnel, materials, equipment, technology, suppliers and facilities) to meet customer requirements. Responsible for Supply Chain Environmental management program to comply with all regulatory responsibilities for the proper handling and disposal of all waste streams. Also responsible for managing continuous improvement projects and projects where the Supply Chain interfaces with the Business Units. Essential functions include:
Adhering to and promoting environmental health and safety as one of the organization’s business priorities
- Leading and influencing the performance of employees at multiple locations
- Ensuring a safe work environment for all employees
Planning and conducting monthly safety meetings to educate, inform, and train employees in safe work practices and procedures
Making certain that employees are knowledgeable and follow safe work practices
Supervise the daily work schedules of employees, monitor performance and act to resolve productivity and performance issues
- Ensure employees meet all established standards for safety, data accuracy, work quality, environmental compliance and productivity.
Exceed operational and financial performance metrics
Plan and conduct team meetings and training
Ensure employees follow all company policies, legal, environmental and regulatory requirements
Coach and train employees in the performance of logistics activities
Ensure all mandatory training is completed within required time frame including all e-learning training.
Evaluate performance and conduct annual performance reviews with all direct reporting employees.
Apply knowledge of labor contracts to decisions regarding scheduling, work assignments, reallocation of employees, and performance issues.
- Plan, schedule, and manage logistics work assignments including, but not limited to receiving, shipping, picking, put away, handling damages and returns, physical inventories, disbursements, job site delivery and job site cleanup, and special projects.
- Coordinate resource allocations for Emergency / Storm Restoration / Outages
- Plan, prioritize and manage the facilities, equipment, payroll, operating, and capital budgets to ensure the meeting of departmental and business unit objectives
- Actively participate on Supply Chain Alliance teams, special project teams and committees as assigned. Education/Experience Requirements An Associate degree or higher in Business or related field is required. A minimum of at least five years of management experience in the area of Supply Chain is preferred. In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 15 years of Supply Chain experience that includes leadership responsibility is required. Removal Date 05-13-2013
We Energies - 22 months ago
Wisconsin's cold winters would be that much colder without Wisconsin Gas' steady supply of natural gas to residential, commercial,...