This position supervises and coordinates the maintenance and custodial activities of the Auction by monitoring the work of building maintenance and custodial personnel.
- Supervise staff in performance of custodial duties, such as sweeping, and polishing floors, dusting equipment, furniture and fixtures, and removing trash and debris from auction grounds, etc. Assist as necessary.
- Supervise, coordinate and assist when necessary personnel engaged in performing structural repairs to building and ground maintenance activities, such as mowing, raking, removing weeds, etc.
- Inspect completed work for conformance to specifications and required standards.
- Inspect, test, and repair equipment, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, etc. to ensure proper working condition.
- Maintain accurate records and reports regarding the maintenance activity of the Auction, including water testing reports, etc.
- Monitor inventory and initiate purchase of needed maintenance equipment and janitorial supplies.
- Supervise and direct the work of maintenance employees by determining work procedures, preparing work schedules, expediting the workflow, assigning duties and examining work for accuracy and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Assist manager in counseling and disciplining employees as necessary. Under the direction of the manager, plan, monitor and evaluate employee job performance, and assist manager in conducting performance appraisals.
- Assist with and supervise pre-sale and pre-event set up activities.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Work with manager to review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
- Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3 - 5 years maintenance or custodial experience required, including working knowledge of building construction & repair, general routine maintenance, plumbing, electrical systems, HVAC, etc.
- Good communication and interaction skills, competent supervisory and organizational skills required.
- Good computer and software knowledge.
- Valid driver’s License and good driving record required
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Ability to lift 1-50 pounds (light hand tools, etc.). Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
With more than 20,000 employees in operating locations around the globe, Manheim is the world's largest provider of vehicle remarketing services. In 2010, Manheim handled nearly 10 million used vehicles, facilitating transactions representing more than $50 billion in value. A subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Enterprises, Manheim is transforming the wholesale vehicle buying and selling experience through investments in technology and innovative products and services. Manheim markets Manheim Financial Services (MAFS), OVE.com, Total Resource Auctions, Manheim Frontline, Manheim Specialty and Heavy Truck & Equipment, Manheim Consulting and other respected brands to the remarketing industry in 15 countries, including Australia, Turkey and the United Kingdom. Manheim is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free workplace. Please submit your resume to: http://www.coxenterprises.com/coxcareer/
- 24 months ago - save job