- Supervises, organizes, and coordinates the staff, functions and activities of Central Supply Dept. Interprets policies, procedures, standards and regulations regarding material management. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises, organizes, and coordinates receiving, storing, and inventory control functions and activities of the department.
- Implements and interprets established policies, procedures, and assures compliance with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Consults with department leaders concerning types and quantities of supplies and equipment needed. Orders supplies and equipment in quantities sufficient to maintain stock levels of all user departments. Monitors supply and equipment distribution and maintains inventory records.
- Oversees receiving and advises as needed. Ensures needed supplies are delivered as ordered. Keeps leaders informed of activities, needs, and problems.
- Coordinates the maintenance and implementation of inventory control system. Organizes space allocation and frequency of deliveries to assure full inventories. Consults with departments to reduce delays, errors or outdated materials.
- Maintains inventory records and controls, and makes periodic inventory reports.
- Maintains required records, reports, statistics for administrative and regulatory purposes and budget preparation. Assists in preparing annual expense and capital budgets.
- Maintains quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Maintains and develops a competent, productive, and quality conscious workforce by hiring, evaluating performance, counseling, training, issuing corrective action, and recommending promotion or discharge of department personnel according to the MLH value system.
EDUCATION/TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Three years progressive experience in a hospital material management or central service environment, including one year of lead or management experience.
- Experience with automated inventory and receiving systems.
- Good knowledge of personal computer and experience in working with inventory management systems.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Methodist Healthcare - 2 years ago