Job Code: Supervisor Operations - OPE012463
Multiple positions open: Varied Shifts open, 1st, 2nd & 3rd
Responsible for the direct supervision of assigned department or functional group. Supervises and coordinates activities of workers by determining work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow by properly utilizing employees and their hours. Assigns duties and examines work for conformance to policies and procedure. Maintains harmony among workers and resolves personnel issues. Responsible for supervising team or typically non-exempt associates; includes providing training, monitoring work quality, coaching employees on performance and contributing to employee pay decision/changes; responsible for the quality of results produced by the team. Supervises and coordinates activities of workers by determining work procedures, preparing work schedules, and expediting workflow by properly utilizing employees and their hours.
Scope and Accountability:
- Work with operations manager to define requirements for operations and ensure that the implementation of new strategies and initiatives to effectively meet or exceed these requirements as well as customer expectations
- Assigns duties and monitors work completion for accuracy
- Manages performance continually; develops associates by providing training and coaching.
- Maintains a safe work environment and fosters a positive team dynamic, resolving employee relations issues and administering corrective action as required
- Lead start-up activities with cross functional teams
- Responsible for exceeding customer metrics (cost, quality, and responsiveness)
- Responsible to make recommendations regarding hiring, terminating, performance evaluations, and promotions.
- Daily interaction with internal and external customer is required
- Personnel scheduling to support all shifts and accounts, plan and organize staff workload
- Maintain documentation of processes that are followed by the department
- Prepare documentation pertaining to account requirements and update as needed to meet changes in customer requirements, and/or changes in processes defined by Menlo Worldwide.
- Train associates so an up to date understanding of processes, policies and procedures are maintained.
Responsible for supervising a team of typically non-exempt employees; includes providing training, monitoring work quality, coaching employees on performance and contributing to employee pay decisions/ changes; responsible for the quality of results produced by the team. Evaluates options under circumstances that are not covered by procedures.
Knowledge: . BA Degree, Degree in Logistics or related field preferred. (experience may substitute for education).
o OSHA, EH&S and MSDS regulations/compliance knowledge
- Understanding of Transportation Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Strong organizational and time management skills; specifically documentation of all issues, communication with customers
- Strong systems aptitude and must be proficient in MS Office application, with emphasis on Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Production and labor planning/optimization
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)- Material handling equipment and storage medium.
- Distribution & Inventory management
- Security and Safety:
o Safety programs knowledge
o Generate and Communicate metrics reporting.
- Planning--Strategic and/or Tactical
o Operational execution
o Quality management system knowledge
o LEAN Warehousing
o ISO Knowledge *
o System process / orientation
o Experience in ERP systems.
o Knowledge of behavioral interviewing & selection process
o Delegation and review of work
o Goal setting
o Written and verbal skills with peers, subordinates, management and customers.
o Meeting Facilitation.
o Exhibits judgment in leading others to objectives
o Personal ownership and accountability
o Positive corporate citizen
o Development of employees
o Provide challenging and level-appropriate assignment
o Constructive feedback (delivering and receiving)
o Decision Making and Problem Solving
o Able to use systematic approach in decision-making
o Exhibit judgment and understanding of issues
o Team Orientation
§ Commitment to task
§ Versatility--able to modify personal style
Experience: This position requires 2-4 years managerial experience (Education may substitute for years of experience) providing overall direction, implementation, and continuous improvement of logistics solutions in all phases of warehousing and distribution.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The duties of this job are performed in both an office environment and a light industrial environment, thereby experiencing some minor to moderate level of noise due to office equipment and industrial equipment.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. M/F/D/V
- 22 months ago - save job
Con-way (no relation to Twit-ty) provides trucking and logistics services. Con-way Freight, the company's less-than-truckload (LTL)...