Supervisor Pharmacy Inventory
Job ID: : 26445
Department: : Central Fill Pharmacy
City: : Eden Prairie, MN
Location: : HP - Eden Prairie Office Building
Position Type: : Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: : 6:00 am - 3:00 pm Monday through Friday
Hrs/Pay Period: : 80
Job Description: :
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service, and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, and with patients and the community is just one of the many reasons we were recently named one of the Twin Cities best places to work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal. Join us for a career that offers respect, support and encouragement. You’ll stay for the power of partnership.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Supervisor, Pharmacy Inventory. The Supervisor, Pharmacy Inventory will carry out responsibilities in the following Pharmacy Services areas: (a) manage inventory and control associated inventory cost in the HealthPartners Central Pharmacy and Clinic Retail Pharmacies; (b) train staff on the use of inventory systems; (c) conduct oversight and audits of inventory in the HealthPartners pharmacies; (d) supervise technicians responsible for inventory and (e) provide oversight to inventory processes and guide the analytic review of purchasing decisions.
- Control and optimize inventory costs at Central Pharmacy and Clinic pharmacies.
- Maintain inventory at specified levels while achieving acceptable turn rates and fill rates as determined by pharmacy management and industry standards.
- Purchase products via the inventory management module with continuous evaluation and optimization of processes.
- Provide oversight to monitor and adjust reorder levels, pricing, vendor invoices, quantities ordered and received, and shelf labeling as indicated by product usage, HealthPartners guidelines and software reports.
- Develop processes to monitor shelf count accuracy through cycle counts, physical inventory, and making appropriate inventory adjustments via the inventory management software.
- Monitor wholesaler Front Edge OTC program for clinic pharmacies.
- Maintain pharmacy product file in the Pharmacy Dispensing Systems.
- Monitor contract pricing loaded in the designated wholesaler’s on-line system. Responsible for handling reconciliation of pricing discrepancies.
- Monitor wholesaler One-Stop contract program and report changes to clinic pharmacies.
- Establish and maintain primary and secondary product sourcing including meeting with wholesale representative and reverse distributors.
- Validate that products are received within Pharmacy systems and that inventory is stocked appropriately.
- Supervise the process of product returns due to overstock, outdates, incorrect shipments, minimal use, discontinued formulary products, and manufacture recalls.
- Manage drug waste and stock transfer mechanisms of pharmaceutical products for all pharmacies to maximize inventory effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain inventory control procedure manual.
- Train pharmacy staff on the use of the inventory management software.
- Conduct audits of inventory levels at the HealthPartners’ pharmacies via on-site visits and remote access.
- Run and analyze inventory reports for the pharmacies.
- Develop and maintain Technician schedule.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations and routine feedback with pharmacy technicians and inventory personnel.
- Negotiate and manage pharmaceutical contracts for clinic pharmacies
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four year college degree with a strong emphasis in business, analytics, or two year college degree with two years of progressive experience with inventory management and automated inventory management systems, or in lieu of a college degree, four years of progressive experience with inventory management, purchasing and automated inventory management systems.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize computer inventory/ordering systems.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong competency in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel.
- Ability to identify potential problems in advance to preempt them or minimize their impact.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, department staff and other organization staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate by phone, in person, or written communication.
- Ability to be attentive to detail.
- Additional training specific to purchasing management.
- Experience in pharmacy/healthcare environment.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Makes decisions either alone or in conjunction with pharmacy leadership regarding processes, inventory levels, fill-rates and inventory turn-rates.
- Consequences of decisions are both immediate and long term on the basis of inventory cost and ability to service members and patients.
- Makes decisions relative to inventory control procedures in conjunction to wholesale and GPO contracts for all pharmacies.
HealthPartners is nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care and we offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for job ID #26445.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, continuously changing health care environment for a large and complex organization.
- Manage inventory for multiple pharmacies from a remote location.
Health is what we do. Partnership is how we do it.
HealthPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HealthPartners - 23 months ago
The largest consumer-governed, nonprofit health care organization in the nation, HealthPartners provides care, coverage, research and...