For the Supervisor, Plant Facilities position, work involved will specifically relate to the construction of outside plant facilities and the installation of central office equipment designed by the Access Engineering teams. This includes, but is not limited to, copper and fiber networks built in the underground, buried or aerial facilities and pad and pole mount electronic devices. It also includes, but not limited to overseeing the installation of network elements related to Ethernet projects, CORE ring builds, and capacity exhaust projects. Work involved is triggered by new placements, upgrades, and maintaining and/or replacing existing infrastructure. This position will be responsible to supervise nonexempt and bargaining Plant Facilities personnel including, but not limited to line workers, cable splicers and equipment installers, ensuring common goals and objectives are met for the department. Partner with Line Extension contractors to ensure schedules are met and financial obligations are accurate and timely. Provide indirect guidance to Engineering and Regional Market Groups to ensure efficient work flow in the installation and turn-up process. |
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience required for the incumbent to be successful in the job:
1) Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business/Project Management or related field or the equivalent in training and experience.
2) Minimum 6-8 years experience in human resources, management, project management or engineering economics or the equivalent in training and experience.
3) Possess leadership and communications skills to direct and coach employees towards departmental goals.
4) Incumbent must be self-motivated.
5) Must be a team player and work well across departments.
6) Superior organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
7) Strong verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills with demonstrated ability to positively interact with company personnel from all levels of the organization, as well as, external contacts.
8) In-depth knowledge of ISP/OSP equipment and designs.
9) Comprehensive knowledge of construction practices and procedures, including underground, buried and aerial construction of copper and fiber facilities.
10) Working knowledge of regulatory rules on a national and state level.
11) Perform analysis and comparisons of technical information.
12) Be proficient in word processing, spread sheets, and database using a personal computer.
13) Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience which would enhance the incumbent's success in the job:
1) Telecommunications background with Outside Plant and Electronics knowledge.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...