Coordinates with other members of the Department to ensure vendor receivables are collected. This includes mailings (e-invoicing and e-vendor statements), vendor/member relations, collections, training & reporting, cash management, oversees all invoicing (advertising, billbacks clip less, fsi, new item placement, promotions, accruals, reclamations, special billing (i.e., golf, food show, race for the cure, trip), manages write offs and income, paybacks and EFTs central billed deductions and C&S deductions, provides merchandisers with past due vendors list weekly, manage past due aging for vendor receivables, oversees new vendor application and set up, problem solving (finding and fixing errors) works on special projects including food show, golf outing, and audit recovery. Maintains pre-paid fund accounts. Set up and implement new procedures. The Collections Specialist is primarily responsible for the collection of funds and follow-up/documentation associated with that collection effort.
1. Coordinates the collection of outstanding money owed by contacting vendors via phone and email.
2. Provides Accounts Receivable Associate with information needed to maintain vendor profile. Investigates returned mail and researches vendor information via Internet, telephone directory and other resources.
3. Coordinates/researches payment denials for coupons submitted by stores to the vendor.
4. Oversees Accounts Receivable Associate with bi-monthly statement mailing.
5. Oversees mailing of deduction statements on a weekly basis.
6. Ensures reclamations are retrieved, copied and provided to the vendor broker.
7. Make sure all cash is applied correctly and deposited daily. Balance in coming checks with deposit.
8. Make sure all invoicing is correct, balance all g/l associated with weekly invoicing and special projects.
9. Researches paybacks to vendors, and additional income for merchandisers.
10. Set up vendors for EFTs (in order to receive payments in a timely manner) and manage the remittance advice.
11. Runs, prepares and sends central bill and C&S deductions weekly.
12. Prepares a weekly report to the merchandisers concerning past due vendors.
13. Maintains pre-paid funds
14. Prepares aging report for auditor
15. Makes merchandisers aware of invoicing disputes.
16. Works with audit recovery personnel to coordinate and collect missed deals from the vendors.
High school degree or equivalent required: Associates Degree or higher preferred
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in Credit & Collections
- Computer skills – must know Excel, knowledge of BR Data a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well developed research skills – must be resourceful
- Ability to influence others, persistence needed
Reports to Assistant Controller
Advises, consults and coordinates with:
- Controller and Assistant Controller
- Vendors: researching credits or voids
- Store Owners/Members: payments, credits
- Directors/Merchandisers: collection effort
Monster - 20 months ago