This position supervises and coordinates activity in the warehouse and also manages the functions related to shipping and inventory control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Supervise, develop, empower, and coach warehouse personnel.
· Maintain and support ongoing training programs.
· Facilitate Cycle Count cross-functional team.
· Coordinate with Inventory Analyst for all material management decisions.
· Coordinate with Logistics Analyst for all traffic and shipment management.
· Establish operational procedures for all functions in the warehouse.
· Create and establish standard work.
· Plan daily work assignments and monthly rotations for assigned employees to meet objectives.
· Establish and maintain visual management system.
· Assist in maintaining accuracy of inventory levels in all IFS site inventory.
· Participate in planning personnel safety and plant protection activities.
· Resolve complaints and makes necessary adjustments involving such matters as damaged items, overcharges, and delays in shipment.
· Ensure part data accuracy in IFS site inventory.
· Ensure all customer orders are accurately completed and available for shipment when requested.
Manage and maintain inventory levels to ensure that all materials are accounted for and available when needed.
Aligning Performance for Success:
Focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
Building a Successful Team:
Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitating the completion of team goals.
Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge / skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
Driving for Results:
Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction for that achievement and continuous improvement.
Major/Course of Study
Associates Degree (2 yr)
Material and logistics with a background in Supply Base Management and Lean Philosophies.
Direct supervisory experience.
*Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special licenses, other education, certification or professional memberships:
Maintain railroad safety training and certifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to apply high levels of cognitive, analytical, retention and reasoning.
· Excellent communication skills used within any social context.
· Can stand, sit, walk, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, hear, taste and smell.
· Can see up close, distances, colors and has use of peripheral vision and depth perception.
· Can tolerate variable and sometimes extreme physical conditions during visits or inspections of company equipment in a railroad environment
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
LORAM - 14 months ago