Supervises the day to day activities of a warehouse department ensuring excellent customer service, high productivity, scheduling staff and a safe work environment.
- Responsible for the supervision and scheduling of all department crew associates.
- Trains associates on the proper techniques and functions.
- Maintains safety programs and all required safety training for the crew.
- Records, reports and investigates all accidents.
- Responsible for sanitation.
- Controls costs on supplies and labor.
- Ensures proper use of all power equipment.
Responsible for warehouse scratch rates, order accuracy, productivity levels, and facility maintenance. Responsible for the unloading and receiving of all trucks. Checks for proper rotation, damage, and product freshness. Schedules appointments for inbound freight. Coordinates deliveries and dispatch activities on the shift as needed. Works with buyers on all scheduling, quality and vendor issues.
Accountable for warehouse shipping crew associates performance-accuracy, productivity, and following safe methods. Responsible for warehouse sanitation, maintenance, and inventory control. Responsible for order selection, replenishment, and loading. Ensures all loads are loaded on time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High School Diploma
- Previous experience helpful
- Good communication skills. Computer skills. Knowledge of EXE System. Analytical skills to review numbers for developing benchmark. Posses leadership qualities. Ability to adhere to follow through on a plan of action. Develop quick and creative solutions to problems. Work flexible hours. Work with all levels of management and line associates.