Arapahoe House is currently seeking a Supervisor to join our Detox Services team.
This full-time position works 8:00am to 4:30pm preferred, Monday through Friday in our Aurora facility. Performs on-site supervision of a detoxification facility by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Insures the quality and effectiveness of detoxification services provided to clients entering our facilities.
- Maintains familiarity with changes and innovations in the assessment and treatment of drug and alcohol problems.
- Manages communication and cooperation of the unit with community partners and other clinical programs particularly around shared clients, continuity of care, and quality of care issues.
- Maintains the quality of client clinical records.
- Oversight of client involuntary commitments and coordination with the State Coordinator of Involuntary Services.
- Prepares and presents various reports.
- Tracks staff hours and unit spending to remain within payroll budget allocations.
- Responds to and deals with any crisis concerning clients and/or potential clients.
- Ensures the unit is in compliance with all ADAD, Signal, and agency policies and standards.
- Provides directly or arranges for clinical supervision of staff in accordance with the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) and the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division (ADAD) of the Colorado Department of Human Services.
- Provides clinical supervision directly on a rotating basis for the clinical group supervision program.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages 3-5 subordinate supervisors who supervise approximately 15-20 employees in Detoxification Services. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Clinical supervision, mentoring and staff development including participation as a clinical supervisor in the group supervision program for Arapahoe House.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (psychology, counseling, human services, or social work)
- Clinical master’s degree is preferred
- Minimum of three years related experience in substance abuse treatment or mental health, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of ADAD standards for counseling and clinical documentation.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Current registration in the State of Colorado DORA database as a Certified Addiction Counselor III (CAC III) or Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC).
- Mental health licensure (LAC, LPC, LMFT or LCSW) is preferred
- CPR/First Aid Certification or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
- Valid Colorado Driver's License with an acceptable driving record. This position requires traveling between metro locations. Reliable transportation is required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to professionally write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients or employees of organization.
- Ability to write clinical notes and summaries in prescribed style and format.
- Ability to communicate in both Spanish and English is preferred.
- Basic mathematical skills - ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Ability to perform these operations using units of money and weight. Ability to measure volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with Electronic Health Records is preferred.
- Ability to navigate specialized software related to supervisory duties.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The clients in this facility are under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol and/or experiencing withdrawal symptoms.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities.
- When assisting in the transport of clients, the employee may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions during loading and unloading passengers as well as driving in all weather and light conditions.
- Arapahoe House is a tobacco-free environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
Arapahoe House strongly supports internal growth and promotion opportunities.
Arapahoe House is an equal opportunity employer.