Audible.com (a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com ) is looking for a dynamic and motivated audio processing supervisor to join their Audio Production Operations group.
If you have strong problem-solving skills and a creative edge, we want to talk with you. Joining our team provides a unique challenge and opportunity to support the growth of Audible’s audiobook production in an energetic and fast paced environment.
The Supervisor is responsible for workflow that is used to process the daily queue of products. The Supervisor needs good knowledge of audio mastering, processing, encoding, and audio content quality control workflow. Also, technology background is a must to work with technology teams for daily operations and projects. This is an extremely challenging role that demands strong audio processing and technical knowledge, leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills. The Supervisor will report to the Manager of Audio Production.
- Supervise the day-to-day workflow including assignment of books, auditing, documenting procedures and training.
- Monitor and improve process for audio ingestion, mastering, processing, and audio content quality control including audio bug process in audio production operations.
- Prepare and maintain weekly metrics, reports, and on-demand reports relative to audio production for management and internal business owners.
- Work closely with Content team and international offices to fulfill all production needs and goals.
- Work with Technology teams to make sure all hardware, software, and network connections are working as needed.
- Coordinate with the team to maintain a 24X7 on-call for audio production support.
- Bachelor's degree in Music Technology, Audio Engineering, Multi-media, or Communications.
- 5+ years of experience with Audio Engineering with strong knowledge of Digital Signal Processing and Audio Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience with Windows Network.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
- Strong ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities in an innovative and fast paced environment
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven problem solving skills; must be a real troubleshooter who excels at spotting issues and monitoring problems
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Meticulous attention to detail and time management
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage a small group
- 3+ years of experience with UNIX Network.
- Experience with database including SQL
- Experience with Hyperion
Amazon.com - 8 months ago