Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
Provide effective leadership and supervision for production personnel on a high throughput biotechnology production line.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Oversee production in one or more of the following areas: array, oligo, bead production, reagent production
• Ensure production goals are met
• Schedule and manage resources, track and report results, troubleshoot issues, train employees, and implement process improvements
• Coordinate with Quality, Engineering, Shipping, Materials, Planning and Manufacturing groups to deliver results
• Writing and revising work instructions, and training of technicians on the proper use of these documents
• Responsible for efficient processing of work orders, reviewing batch records, maintaining training records, facilitating efficient shift changeovers, revision of work instructions, production scheduling and reviewing timesheets
• Other duties as may be determined by Management.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
• High School diploma or equivalent required; Associates and/or Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred
Preferred Experiential Background:
• 1-3 years of supervisory experience and 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing and production environment required
• Preference given to third night shift and/or 24/7 management experience
• Experience in inventory control, JDE or similar
• Experience with hazardous chemicals material handling is a plus
• Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
• Have a command of GMP regulations as they pertain to clinical diagnostic products and expertise in transitioning processes from R&D to a manufacturing setting (formatting)
• Talent Acquisition activities which include identifying needs of the department, justification for budget to fill positions, coordinating with HR to market the position, review resumes, conduct interviews and identify and recommend a candidate as the potential hire, and employee orientation to the department and company.
• Talent Development activities which include developing training plans with employees to ensure they have the necessary expertise to successfully perform their jobs, provide ongoing guidance to employees, and career counseling to help employees develop and advance in their careers
• Job Role Definition ensures that job descriptions accurately record the primary responsibilities, qualifications and terms for each job role in their group
• Performance Management activities include setting performance standards, ensuring employees have appropriate and realistic job goals, providing ongoing feedback about employees’ performance, conducting performance appraisals, including assessing how the employees have performed and how they can improve their performance, developing performance improvement plans if employees’ performance is not adequate and providing rewards for employee accomplishments.
• At higher levels of management, establishing and distributing budgets among departments is required.
• Ensure employees follow all applicable company policies and procedures
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Illumina, Inc. - 24 months ago
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...