We are looking for an IT Supervisor to join our team in developing technology solutions for the Macy’s, Inc. Credit Application. The supervisor, under general direction, coordinates a team’s efforts during all phases of a project life cycle, acting as technical and/or project leader - organizing, prioritizing and delegating assignments to achieve best possible results while maximizing resources and ensuring project deadlines are met. The supervisor is part of the Management team, held accountable for meeting assigned project objectives, business requirements and deliverables while providing team members with overall support and project direction.
MST is the information technology division of Macy's Department Stores. Macy's Inc. is the nation's largest operator of department stores with over 800 stores in 46 states and eCommerce sites at macys.com and bloomingdales.com. MST also supports corporate offices, distribution centers, and credit centers.
If you enjoy being a part of a high-performing team, and meet the following requirements, we are interested in talking to you!
- Meets business objectives by effectively planning, organizing, and prioritizing staff assignments of direct reports through continual analysis of workload and personnel needs of team.
- Coordinates assignments across functional groups at MST.
- Makes recommendations for strategic plans in collaboration with appropriate stakeholders.
- Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high quality information flows smoothly between self and others (peers, subordinates, upper management, customers) thus ensuring trust and solid working relationships.
- Demonstrates appropriate functional knowledge and skills relevant to operational area.
- Ability to collaborate to develop plans and improvements to systems and business processes within their business unit.
- Partners with peers, subordinates, leadership and customers to develop and execute business vision and strategic plan.
- Collaborates with appropriate stakeholders to identify, recommend, and implement improvements to systems and processes.
- Ensures compliance with existing processes and standards.
- Supervises personnel which typically includes recommendations for hiring, termination, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
- Develops, motivates, empowers and evaluates team to expand professional, management, leadership, and technical skills.
- Responsible for ensuring continued success of the team members within their functional work area.
- Participates in budget development, risk assessment, status assessment, team creation, communication strategy, and scope.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including a generous merchandise discount.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Ability to garner trust among stakeholders.
- Generally 2-3 years experience in related field and some supervisory/managerial experience preferred.
- Significant, successful and proven Information Technology and/or Retail industry experience.
- Demonstrates a functional understanding of the retail processes, their supporting applications and their inter-relationships with other FOB suites of systems.
- Ability to make decisions based on solid business judgment and functional experience.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to build collaborative partnerships across functional lines and at many levels within MST.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Professional demeanor and approach to job responsibilities.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to manage change effectively and maintain a flexible management response to changing circumstances and customer needs.
- Ability to effectively lead, motivate and develop associates. Should be able to model professional management skills and behaviors.
- Comprehensive PC skills that include standard MST business tools appropriate to position.
- Introductory understanding of the business.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Lotus Notes.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred and 5-7 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with SCM Credit or similar system is required. Credit table experience is a plus. This position supervises four hourly associates who maintain system tables for SCM, POS, and other applications. The supervisor can eventually expect to be consulted by others for their knowledge of table functions. The supervisor will participate in both support and development roles in terms of table design and maintenance.
- Basic MS Office skills are required; Intermediate Excel is a plus.
Macy's is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's - 13 months ago
The nation's #1 department store chain has adopted the name of its most famous brand and cash cow: Macy's. Macy's, Inc. operates about 840...