As a member of a program that supports the development of independent living skills for persons with mental illness, you will be responsible for overseeing the daily provision of rehabilitative and other services to the residents and the timely documentation and billing for services per Medicaid, State, Local and Agency mandates.
1. Oversee orientation of new residents, group meetings.
2. Prepare weekly reports for Program Director
3. Oversee preparation of all required Agency, OMH and Medicaid reports
4. Maintain professional relationship with service providers and help in developing new resources for client training, treatment and recreation.
5. Assist staff in the development of Admission Notes, Service Plans and Reviews, in assessing and handling crises, including intervention in the apartments and/or if necessary, escorting residents to the hospital.
6. Participate in internal and external Case Conferences, clinical discussions, and provide in-service training in related issues.
7. Work with other senior staff to develop a team approach to Intake and Discharge processes and ensure that all decisions are clinically appropriate and meet Medicaid, State, and Agency regulations.
8. Participate in Intake screenings and work with Intake Coordinator and staff to ensure that the orientation and admission process is completed within fifteen days.
9. Sign off (QMHS) on Admission Notes and set up dates on Tickler system for new cases and give to Medicaid Specialist for monitoring.
10. Provide regular, documented supervision of all Case Managers
11. Conduct weekly group meetings to review and discuss issues ranging from clinical issues to planning activities. Ensure Minutes are taken and distributed in a timely manner.
12. QMHS on Admission Notes, Service Plans and Reviews.
13. Develop monthly schedule to assess the quality of service delivery in accordance with resident’s Service Plan by directly observing the Case Manager during apartment visits.
14. Ensure payment schedules with residents of all fees, maintenance of all Benefits/ Entitlements.
15. Be available by beeper for emergency contact on a 24-hour basis
16. May act as back-up for Program Director if required.
17. Supervise Case Managers in their Quality assurance monitoring vis-a-vis a Tickler System of regular activities such as maintenance of case records in accordance with OMH, Medicaid and Agency requirements in an orderly and up-to-date manner.
18. Plan and monitor apartment visitation schedules for Case Managers.
19. Ensure that residents and collaterals are involved in the development of Service Plans Reviews, clinical meetings and program development.
20. Conduct monthly Chart Reviews.
21. Participate in Agency-wide Q.A. Committees.
22. Ensure that appropriate, timely Service Plans and Reviews are developed in conjunction with the client and significant collaterals
23. Facilitate with staff and residents special activities, which encourage community integration.
24. Program/Staff Development.
25. any other duties assigned by the Program Director
MSW or related degree required, and skills with Medicaid billing and Psychiatric Rehabilitative services is preferred. A minimum of five years experience in a mental health facility or community residence necessary. A minimum of two years in a supervisory position required. Excellent organizational, administrative and supervisory skills necessary. Knowledge of Psych Rehab principles a must. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills needed.
Submit resume and cover letter with salary history (attachments as MS word documents please for e-mail responses)
SocialService.com - 20 months ago
Brooklyn Community Housing and Services, Inc. (BCHS) is committed to ending homelessness in Brooklyn and empowering all the residents of...