The SUPERVISOR of PATIENT CARE COORDINATION will:|
- Provide direct supervision to the Patient Care Coordinators.
- Work to support staff and provide education and clear directives of objectives and goals for the department.
- Serve as primary liaison between front line staff and management, communicating the daily activities and departmental progress toward meeting goals.
- Graduate of a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse Program
- 1-3 years’ clinical experience in acute care setting
- Current Alabama LPN or RN license
- Good clinical assessment, organizational and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to think critically and make decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of office equipment: PC, phone, fax and copier
- 2 years' experience in insurance pre-certification and working in a call center
- Pre-certification and phone queue experience
- Working knowledge of managed care, provider network, health care delivery systems and Medicare guidelines.