Supervisor of QA, EBSCO Services Engineering
The Quality Assurance Supervisor, an essential member of the Services Engineering team, is primarily responsible for planning and driving the overall quality of software project deliverable's through all phases, from requirements hand-off and analysis to development, tracking, and deployment; defining and maintaining a comprehensive testing process, including methodologies and metrics, for the team with an ongoing focus on best practices; and clearly communicating with cross-functional team members and management. This position will report directly to the QA manager of the EBSCO Services QA team.
- Planning, maintaining, and assessing ‘Best Practice’ QA process and methodology
- Assist in SQA planning for software projects
- Lead and prioritizing multiple projects to meet delivery dates
- Ensuring that all software deliverables are functional, reliable, and scalable
- Effective, timely communication with developers, project managers, and QA manager
- Mentoring and providing technical advice and direction to the QA team
- Evaluating new technologies, methods, and processes
- Evaluating and procuring automation tools for the automation QA team
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering OR 4 years equivalent experience
- 3+ years in QA: staffing, training and retaining a QA organization
- 5+ years in SQA methodologies, tools, and processes
- 3+ years experience managing and estimating software projects
- 3+ years experience developing and operating test frameworks and test automation tools
About EBSCO Information Services: What We Offer
- 2+ years experience testing large scale enterprise software services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills
- 3+ years of test automation experience
EBSCO Information Services (EBSCO) is the leading provider of resources for libraries worldwide including EBSCONET ® , and EBSCO host ® , the world's premier for-fee online research service. Through a library of tens of thousands of full-text journals and magazines from renowned publishers, EBSCO serves the content needs of all researchers (Academic, Medical, K-12, Public Library, Corporate, Government, etc.). EBSCO is also the provider of EBSCO Discovery Service ™ (EDS), which provides institutions with a fast, single search box for its entire collection. EBSCO Information Services is a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., one of the largest privately held companies in the United States.
The EBSCO Information Services headquarters is located in Ipswich, MA along the banks of the Ipswich River. We are just minutes from the MBTA train stop and provide 75% commuter rail reimbursement. EBSCO offers a competitive employee benefits package including Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, dental insurance, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, and a retirement savings & profit sharing plan. Considered one of the top places to work in Massachusetts, EBSCO also offers a subsidized cafeteria, free coffee, an on-site fitness center with classes, and tuition reimbursement.
About the Information and Technology Department
When you join EBSCO as a QA Supervisor, you will contribute your skills to the Information Technology Department in Ipswich, MA. This department consists of the following teams: database design, development & production, product management, services engineering, enterprise architecture, enterprise business intelligence, enterprise systems development, systems & networking, and application engineering. There are many diverse IT job positions within these teams.