WELCOME TO THE PEACH STATE!
Area of Consideration:
Open Statewide to current military service members (Air National Guard, Active Duty Air Force, or Air Reserve) eligible for immediate enlistment.
165th Medical Group, 165 AW, Savannah, GA.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS):
PCS is not authorized.
Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP):
Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP).
Type of Appointment:
This is a full-time, Excepted Permanent dual-status, position which requires Georgia Air National Guard membership.
This position is located in the Medical Group at an Air National Guard Wing. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the full-time Health Systems Specialist for the installation, geographically separated units (GSU(s), and tenant units, with responsibility for managing all medical administrative functions including medical support, medical operations, force health management and related medical applications. It has direct supervision over the Health Technician(s) and the Public Health Technician (s).
Selectee may, at the option of the agency, be required to submit to criminal, credit history, and general background checks which will be evaluated by the agency prior to a final offer of employment and access into the Georgia National Guard Federal Technician or Active Guard/Reserve program.
National Guard Membership:
This position requires military membership. It is designated for Georgia Air National Guard
only. In accordance with ANG regulations, incumbent performs duties necessary to accomplish military Supervisory Health Systems Specialist functions in support of programs essential to state Air National Guard daily operations, training and readiness missions.
As a member of a Georgia Air National Guard unit, you will be required to train with your unit, normally one weekend a month and 15 days of annual training each year. Georgia Air National Guard units and members are subject to immediate call to federal or state active duty to meet national or state emergencies.
- Must be a current U.S. Citizen.
- Under 5 USC 2108 & 5 CFR 211, Veteran's Preference criteria does not apply.
- Direct Deposit Banking is Mandatory.
- Military Requirement: Enlisted, AFSC: 4N0XX.
- Min Grade: MSgt, Max Grade: SMSgt.
Back to top
The following list of duties is not conclusive but provides a brief snapshot of the duties that may be required of this position:
- Manages Health Services activities, including plans and operations, human resource management, and Medical staffing.
- Provides medical management and advisory services that contribute substantially to the plans, policies, decisions, and objectives of senior management.
- Develops plans, policies, procedures, goals, and objectives for the overall operation of the Medical Group.
- Directs the Medical Group accreditation program and management improvement studies.
- Determines eligibility, authorizes and coordinates civilian and military medical care for Active Guard Reserve (AGR) personnel and other eligible beneficiaries in accordance with directives and local policies.
- Reviews medical supply and equipment requirements, makes appropriate recommendations, and requests required procurement and funding authorizations.
- Interprets regulations and assists in their implementation for the installation to ensure compliance with Health Services Inspections (H S I), Occupational Health and Safety Administration requirements (OSHA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and Environmental Safety and Occupational Health Compliance Assessment and Management Program (ESOHCAMP).
Directs budget formulation and execution.
- Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities and prepares schedules for completion of work; assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments and the capabilities of employees.
- Gives advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on both work and administrative matters; interviews candidates for positions in the unit; recommends appointments, promotions, or reassignments to such positions; hears and resolves complaints from employees, referring group grievances and more serious unresolved complaints to a higher level supervisor or manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Back to top
Applicant must have experience which provides work which demonstrates the applicants knowledge of missions, organizations, programs, and requirements of health care delivery systems; ability to analyze problems and present both oral and written recommendations taking into consideration the wide range of factors and requirements which affect the management of the health care delivery system.
Applicant must have
at least 24 months specialized experience
which provide a working knowledge of missions, organizations, programs and requirements of health care delivery systems. Experience analyzing and recommending solutions to complicated problems. Experience developing and implementing various policies and procedures used in the state medical programs. Experience involving various administrative areas such as budget, personnel and public relations within a medical activity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be further evaluated by the Selecting Official based on the following KSAs considered essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Knowledge of the mission, organization, programs, requirements of health care delivery systems to plan, organize, and implement the units full-time health program and perform paraprofessional screening procedures by implementing the following: DOD, OSHA, USAF, ANG, federal, state, and local instructions and policies.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of the Military Health Services Systems (MHSS) and the base and medical unit missions to analyze, evaluate, and recommend and/or implement actions to enhance operational readiness and unit effectiveness and provide technical and administrative advice to management officials.
- Knowledge and recognition of the different functions and motivation of various groups in the health care system and ability to communicate effectively in order to resolve problems and coordinate medical programs.
- Ability to analyze problems using qualitative and quantitative analytical techniques and skill in conducting interviews with supervisors and employees with the ability to present both oral and written recommendations concerning physicals, drugs testing and medical material.
- Knowledge of emergency medical practice and procedures.
Applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
National Guard Compatibility:
Once an applicant is selected and prior to being placed in the technician Supervisory Health Systems Specialist position, the selectee must be assigned to the 165th Medical Group in the Georgia Air National Guard as an Enlisted in AFSC 4N0XX.
Rank inversion is strictly prohibited.
Wear of the Air uniform as prescribed by AFR/NGB/GA NGR is required for incumbent of this position. Acceptance of this position constitutes concurrence with this requirement as a condition of employment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire.
The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics).
Back to top
The Federal Government offers a comprehensive benefits package. Explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees at
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
to use the USA JOBS Resume Builder to apply for this position.
submit an OF-612; it is obsolete and no longer accepted. If you chose to use your personal resume, ensure that your resume includes the mandatory information as outlined in the Resume' example on
"The Application-to-Hire Process-"Have I Completed All the Steps to Best Sell Myself"?
If the required information is not reflected, consideration will not be given in the qualification process.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Thursday, March 21, 2013.
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the assessment questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
To return to a previously Saved or Incomplete application, you may use the following link:
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page
using the following Vacancy ID: 847758. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
Click the following link to view and print the assessment questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the assessment questionnaire,
Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to
. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
The following documents are required and must be received by Thursday, March 21, 2013:
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Georgia National Guard
Do Not Mail or Fax Applications Here
Follow How to Apply Instructions
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...