POSITION NUMBER: 6044-O
WORK SCHEDULE: MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY - 8:00AM TO 4:30PM
***RELOCATION INCENTIVES/MOVING EXPENSES MAY BE AUTHORIZED.***
The incumbent serves as the Supervisor of the Processing and Records Section, as a Human Resources Specialist (Information Systems). He or she is responsible for participating in the strategic, long-range. and operational planning efforts for HRIS to include processes, procedures, and hardware, providing assistance to management and senior specialists in planning and carrying out broad and diverse policies, plans and programs. He or she serves as a specialist on the technical operations and functions of the automated personnel systems with responsibility for system implementation, deployment, and management, which may include hardware.
Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Supervising a staff of employees to accomplish the work of the organizational unit.
· Approving data entry elements that affect employees' pay and administrative data.
· Providing assistance to HR employees on data entry process, procedures, and principles.
· Serving as the technical authority on the design, implementation and operation of human resources (HR) automated data systems and other related automated systems and programs to a large, complex, and dynamic organization.
· Serving as the technical representative for coordination of HR data systems support requirements.
· Determining training requirements and advises as to the kind and frequency of training deemed appropriate.
· Representing the medical center at conferences and meetings to discuss new regulations, procedures and system development efforts.
· Serving as the facility expert on HR automation hardware, software and systems requirements.
· Participating in special projects for the supervisor utilizing HR office automation skills in the design and projection of diverse assignments covering a wide range of facility program elements and disciplines.
Department of Veterans Affairs - 7 months ago
The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is a government-run military veteran benefit system with Cabinet-level status. It is...