FUNCTIONAL STATEMENT NUMBER: 000000.
WORK SCHEDULE: MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY - 8:00AM TO 4:30PM (SUBJECT TO ON-CALL HOURS).
THIS POSITION IS NOT SUITABLE FOR TELEWORK.
RECRUITMENT/RELOCATION INCENTIVE IS AUTHORIZED.
TRAVEL-MOVING EXPENSES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED.
NOTE: The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidates education and experience and recommend the grade and step at which the candidate will be placed. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
The VA Palo Alto Health Care System is seeking a Supervisory Nuclear Medicine Technologist to work at the Palo Alto Division. The incumbent will work under the general supervision of the Chief of Nuclear Medicine Service and will function as the Chief Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Service Safety Coordinator, and the Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR) for Nuclear Medicine Service. Other assigned duties and responsibilities are:
materials, and maintains appropriate records
- plans, directs, reviews, and supervises the daily activities of staff technologists
- manages the workflow in the department to ensure patient studies are done in an efficient and timely manner
- performs and provides technical procedures for the safe receipt, handling, transport, usage, and disposal of radioactive
license conditions are adhered to and met
- ensure compliance with Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), Department of Transportation (DOT), and broad medical
Veterans Affairs (VA) national nuclear medicine program
- provides administrative reports, orally and in written form, to hospital administration, regulatory agencies, and Department of
engineers, and various administrative service of the Medical Center
- serves as liaison between the Chief of Nuclear Medicine Service, subordinate technologists, computer manager, biomedical
the technical administration of any contract for which given the delegation of authority
- provides routine clinical coverage as required by staffing and workload needs of the service
- interviews candidates for position in the service and participates in the selection of new employees
- functions as the Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR) for Nuclear Medicine Service and is responsible for
- maintains a purchase card for use in purchasing necessary supplies for the Nuclear Medicine Service
- functions as the Service Safety Coordinator for Nuclear Medicine Service and monitors the safety practices within the service
Department of Veterans Affairs - 6 months ago
The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is a government-run military veteran benefit system with Cabinet-level status. It is...