This position is located in New York, NY.Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of the specific Legal Work stream projects within the Supervisory Remediation Program ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
Serves as SME for advising on and monitoring of legal and regulatory developments. Coordinates activities with and communicates pertinent information to the Legal Department and other impacted support or business departments.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
•Identify and track cross project dependencies
• Lead the planning and implementation of assigned projects
• Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
• Define project tasks and resource requirements
• Develop full scale project plans
• Coordinate and lead project staff
• Manage project resource allocation
• Plan, schedule, and track against project timelines
• Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
• Provide direction and support to project team
• Ensure quality assurance of all required deliverables
• Monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
• Develop and present reports defining project progress, risks, issues and solutions
• Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
• Conduct project evaluations and assessment of results
Qualifications & Skills
• JD degree
• Minimum of 5 years experience as an Enforcement Attorney with a strong emphasis on Bank regulatory and enforcement proceedings or equivalent experience
• Prior experience working with such regulators as the Federal Reserve System, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, and other regulators at the federal and state level
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the American financial regulatory environment that affects all US Banks as well as the nation's financial services industry
• Demonstrated experience with regulatory and enforcement process and proceedings, and internal investigations
• Previous experience in the US Office(s) of a Foreign Bank
• Experience monitoring legal and regulatory developments and advising the business on such issues
• Superior analytical ability and excellent oral and written communication skills
• Capacity to partner with senior outside counsel and banking industry professionals
• Ability to work with minimal supervision but in a team environment
• Independent, proactive and energetic approach
• All applicants must possess and maintain the highest levels of character and conduct
• Preference given to experienced enforcement attorneys with 5 plus years of experience with bank regulators Is this not a duplication of the second bullet above.
• Superior negotiation and conflict management skills
• Possesses some project management methodology experience
• Some knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by registering or logging in to our careers website www.standardchartered.com/careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.
Standard Chartered Bank - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Standard Bank Group sets the standard for sub-Saharan banking. Standard Bank, South Africa's largest bank, offers a variety of retail...