This is for a HIM Liaison at all MH capuses. Position is flexible for working hours from 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m and 8 am-4:30. The person will be responsible for retrieval of discharged medical records, prepping the records for scanning, using software to account for all discharges and send to Central Scanning. This person will also assist hospital personnel, including physicians, as needed with record completion needs.
1. Ability to follow oral and written instructions and to perform clerical duties using computer.
2. Three years medical records experience.
3. Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
1. Performs the filing and retrieval of medical records to include retrieval for reviews and patient care.
2. Interprets and explains to patients and families, policies and procedures that affect his/her care and treatment.
3. Trains and mentors staff in proper procedures.
4. Adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
5. Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
Memorial Hermann Healthcare System - 8 months ago
Memorial Hermann is a world-class health system with progressive medical centers located throughout Houston and the surrounding areas. Named...