Execute Volvo CE P&SM Supplier Development programs in terms of projects and commodity activities so to reach a world class supplier base
The Supplier Development Engineer (SDE) is responsible for first supplier assessment, which includes evaluation of quality, logistics and technical capabilities.
- Lead and monitor Supplier Development Planning for the commodity related suppliers, this includes quality management , delivery performance and product application development
- Actively execute major supplier development programs in the above mentioned areas, using process auditing and technical approval as key instruments
- Obtain supplier manufacturing feasibility sign off for assigned products, owning all SD NPD/ECR related activities from design up to and including Start of Production (according APQP)
- Drive business breakthrough programs such as VPS/Lean , relocation programs etc. with his targeted supply base
- Actively contribute, as required, to PS&M quality projects and problem solving of major supplier quality issues as required (e.g. projects from SQDP escalation)
- Analyses monitored supplier performance versus agreed targets and drives continuous improvement actions
- Teach and coach QA functions when/where applicable or required.
- Active member of the commodity team and provide input and activities in line with development and implementation of a commodity strategy
- To provide input into supplier selection and commodity strategy through evaluation of the potential suppliers capabilities, including leading the Supplier Evaluation Model and Capacity Management Audit
- Work in accordance with the Volvo CE processes, the Volvo Way and the Volvo Values and Behaviors
- Authorized to approve/disapprove a supplier selection within his responsible area
- Strong process knowledge in at least one manufacturing discipline
- Attention to detail within advanced quality planning
- Product Development knowledge
- Applied proven capability of effective project management
- Proven ability to work effectively in matrix organization and ability to manage and influence others
- Strong communication skills in English, additional language skills a plus
- Formal Training 1-3 years
- Work Experience 5-7 years
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Drivers looking for the iconic boxy station wagon beware; these Volvos don't haul families. Volvo Construction Equipment North America...