Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. is the industry-leading manufacturer of high performance mobile electronics, founded in 1978. Alpine is the only manufacturer specializing in mobile multimedia, an integrated system approach incorporating digital entertainment, security and navigation products for your mobile entertainment. As a consolidated subsidiary of Alps Electric Co., Ltd., one of the world's premier manufacturers of electronic components for computer, communications and car electronic equipment, Alpine is the specialized supplier of quality mobile electronics systems.
We are currently seeking a Supplier Development & Quality Engineer to be responsible for supplier evaluations, quality development, VA/VE and part / tool qualifications for production parts. This position is located in our McAllen Texas location.
This position is primarily responsible for, but not limited to, the following areas:
• Support material localization and new program launch activities with advanced sourcing buyers and design engineers located in Mexico, U.S. and Japan.
• Manage the part approval process for production parts with buyers, suppliers and approval authorities (Alpine-Japan, Alpine-N. America) using effective project management.
• Provide reports on activities, progress and constraints related to PPAP, supplier development and other key activities to management on regular frequency with clear action plans.
• Promote, coordinate and track VA/VE proposals related to locally-controlled parts with suppliers and Alpine-Japan headquarters.
• Conduct QSA (Quality Supplier Audits) to access supplier capabilities relative to Alpine requirements and establish development/improvement plan with suppliers.
• Evaluate quality issues and general supplier performance with QA and Purchasing to ensure 100% parts quality and minimize production disruptions. This includes detailed process audits during new part localization process to address key quality concerns in advance of mass production.
• Lead and manage environmental compliance to ISO14001 in order to support and promote Alpine’s Green Procurement Policy.
• Document all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures.
• Maintain databases and schedules for part approval process, supplier quality tracking, tooling revision history, etc. Effectively coordinate all design changes between supplier and design group.
• Maintain working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or equivalent combination of experience, training, and education.
• Minimum 3 years automotive experience
• Knowledge of Quality principles such as LEAN, Six Sigma, 5s and TQM.
• Experience or familiarity with SAP a plus.
• Must be able to effectively read, write and interpret documents.
• Strong written and verbal communication.
• Strong work ethic with good time management.
• Basic math skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.
• Self-motivated team player who demonstrates initiative and flexibility.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks is required.
We offer competitive salaries with an excellent and comprehensive benefits package and a great work environment. Alpine values its members as individuals, and is committed to forming an energetic and attractive company where the quality of work is enhanced.
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard