This position is responsible for supporting manufacturing in the local plant regarding supplier quality issues on purchased material such as analyzing, driving and follow-up supplier’s corrective actions.
Main Tasks/ Responsibilities / Authorities:
- Take first actions to protect the plant from non-conformant parts from suppliers
- Daily contacts with suppliers regarding supplier quality related issues
- Coordinate containment activities in local Volvo plant or at suppliers, initiate controls and safeguard replacement deliveries when needed
- Issue inspection reports and follow-up suppliers’ 8D reports by securing corrective actions are implemented and documented by the supplier
- Verify, evaluate and approve corrective action plans from suppliers
- Internally, report and follow-up on deviations.
- Initiate, follow-up and close deviation report requests. Take appropriate adjustments by product development if applicable
- Assist P&SM team with parts and process investigations in Volvo manufacturing sites.
- Drive supplier quality improvement work with suppliers and request support from Supplier Development Engineer in case of major/recurrent supplier quality improvement need.
- Supplier quality information and feedback to P&SM (PPM/QPM data)
- Supplier visits when necessary
- Familiar with Quality Management System
- Problem Solving, Root cause analysis and communication skills
- Proficiency with data analysis, presentation and database tools
- Lean Manufacturing understanding
- OtD team Shippensburg Operations
- P&SM – Supplier Development Engineer
- P&SM - Buyer
- Customer Support/Aftermarket
Education/Professional Qualifications required for the position:
- B.S. Engineering Degree (Quality, Industrial, Mechanical Engineering)
- 2 years of experience in quality and environmental department
- Ability to take measurement beneficial
- Capacity to analyse part compliance with PQAP/requirements
- Capacity to solicit supplier in case of quality issues
- Capacity to communicate with suppliers on technical/quality issues and propose appropriate action plan.
- Structured and good communication skills
- English language: Written and spoken
- SAP Factory Master knowledge
Additional Important Requirements:
- Self Motivation, integrity and initiative
- Proficient communication (written and oral)
- Analytical and Detailed
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Drivers looking for the iconic boxy station wagon beware; these Volvos don't haul families. Volvo Construction Equipment North America...